• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. Blue Jays (5/23/2018). Kinsler still leading off. Calhoun back in RF

T.G.

1 minute ago, TroutField said:

Same shit, different season. A team going through the motions before the last week of May, putrid offense, Scioscia just Facking sits there no attempt to fire up the team or to get something going. I’m so over this shit 

All we need is Hinske to get fired so he can be the fall guy again for Scioscia this year.

Just now, TroutField said:

Same shit, different season. A team going through the motions before the last week of May, putrid offense, Scioscia just Facking sits there no attempt to fire up the team or to get something going. I’m so over this shit 

Lineup has to be completely rearranged. At least try and make some weak lemonade out of all these lemons.

GET KINSLER THE HELL OUT OF THE LEADOFF SPOT!!

Start there at least.

15 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

In other news, the time of zen AO has passed.  

I'll still post solid thoughts on the other threads.   

But the Gameday thread is where my vitriol will be in.   It's reflective of the same crap this season as for most of this decade, but with the promise of a much brighter future.

2 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

I might've been too optimistic thinking this team would win 88 games and get the WC2. Starting to look a lot like last year's team as we get further into the season

This is the exact same team as last year except we have Ohtani and better starting pitching. Worse bullpen makes up for that though.

Kinsler = Espinosa

Pujols = Pujols

Calhoun's decline has cancelled out the Upton addition

It's really not that different. I said going into the season our absolute maximum would be 90 wins. That's if Kinsler wasn't toast and the bullpen got multiple surprises and no SP injuries. Hasn't happened. We probably win 85

Just now, fan_since79 said:

Lineup has to be completely rearranged. At least try and make some weak lemonade out of all these lemons.

GET KINSLER THE HELL OUT OF THE LEADOFF SPOT!!

Start there at least.

Agree that they need to make some changes in the order but at this point it's basically just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic. The issue is the players themselves. It's the same old story again where the team is getting absolutely nothing out of the 2B position and a corner OF position - it was LF for years and now this year it's RF. 1B/3B production is pretty bad too but there's not much they can do there since they've committed $$$ and multiple years to the current players in those spots

2 minutes ago, GrittyVeterans said:

This is the exact same team as last year except we have Ohtani and better starting pitching. Worse bullpen makes up for that though.

Kinsler = Espinosa

Pujols = Pujols

Calhoun's decline has cancelled out the Upton addition

It's really not that different. I said going into the season our absolute maximum would be 90 wins. That's if Kinsler wasn't toast and the bullpen got multiple surprises and no SP injuries. Hasn't happened. We probably win 85

I will add to this that there is also a lot of reason to be optimistic. Ohtani has been better than we expected, Simmons is the man. Our farm system is improving rapidly. 

The future looks good but this current season looks like we'll come up short. But it's baseball and things can change