• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. Rays (5/17/2018)

Chuck

Just now, Angelsfirst said:

How bout some offense? Wow, this one is tough to watch.

Sometimes this happens when you have the best aces in the league on the mound facing off. You know, like Skaggs and Archer. 

1 minute ago, stormngt said:

Its beeb been explained on here about a hundred times.  You are ignoring the logic to it.

I understand the purpose of Valbuena and Marte just fine. I just fail to see how that conflicts with my statement of Cron being a better hitter and a better backup 1st baseman.

2 minutes ago, 101halo said:

What was the last 30+ year old hitter we signed that worked out? I honestly can't remember. Other teams sign guys like Kinsler and get rebound years all the damn time. Seems like we're cursed on that front. 

I’ve always been very luke warm on Kinsler.  Thought it was fine as stop gap since we didn’t give anything up.  But sort of figured he’d be like. .650-.670 OPS guy.  Not close to that now but he has squared some balls up.  His AB’s aren’t hideous in the same way that Calhoun’s have been.  So I figure he’ll regress positively a little bit.  In any case even with 15-20 HR and a .230 BA.  It’s much better then we’ve got since Kendrick left and probably enough if our good players are good.  Cozart needs to get going. 

And really, not many teams pick up 35 year old declining players and find magic.  Not the way things work.

Just now, 101halo said:

I stand by what I said. Annoyed now that I jinxed us here, but still see a fluky month from a bad defensive 1Bman, nothing more. 

I think he's going to do well based on finally being able to play every day. He averaged only 102 games each year with us.

2 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

I’ve always been very luke warm on Kinsler.  Thought it was fine as stop gap since we didn’t give anything up.  But sort of figured he’d be like. .650-.670 OPS guy.  Not close to that now but he has squared some balls up.  His AB’s aren’t hideous in the same way that Calhoun’s have been.  So I figure he’ll regress positively a little bit.  In any case even with 15-20 HR and a .230 BA.  It’s much better then we’ve got since Kendrick left and probably enough if our good players are good.  Cozart needs to get going. 

And really, not many teams pick up 35 year old declining players and find magic.  Not the way things work.

Hope you're right about positive regression, I said the same about Valbuena. 

To second point, I think it's more than you think. Lately, off the top of my head, Markakis, Utley.