• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. Become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

Gameday Thread: Angels vs. Rays (5/17/2018)

2 minutes ago, rafibomb said:

I may be in the minority but I am a bigger fan of Cozart and Trout 1-2 with Ohtani batting 5th rather than Trout and Ohtani 1-2. But it would not have hurt to give them one more shot with Cole and Verlander not on the mound.

This is basically 100% my thought. I want to believe that the Ohtani that we have seen hitting is the real Ohtani, but I don't believe it yet. I think at this point, what we know for sure is that his power is for real - and from that perspective, he fits very well in the middle of the lineup, about where he is. Cozart has done well infront of Trout, so I see no reason to stop doing that. That being said, our lineup is amazing if Troutani works, so I would like to see it against one or two more...standard pitchers...

32 minutes ago, Angelsfan1984 said:

You're right. Throw keuchel in there too

Yeah, we don't have a lineup that is going to magically light up these guys. Sorry. If that's your standard, you're going to be disappointed. If we win in the playoffs, it will be by keeping games close and getting a little lucky.

So yeah, them not hitting against those guys is going to be a problem in the playoffs. In the playoffs. Its hardly a representative sample, though.

Edit - to be clear, this is not some Angels problem. This is going to be a problem for every team in baseball. The Yankees are going to have serious problems scoring against the Astros. The Red Sox are going to have serious problems scoring against the Astros. If what we have seen so far is any indication, the Astros are going to be VERY good at shutting down even the best offensive teams in baseball.

:dancing-with-joy-smiley-emoticon:GO ANGELS!!!:dancing-with-joy-smiley-emoticon:

Go Skaggy!! Aim for 9 innings and finish at least 7!! Be efficient and throw strikes!!!

Go Coach, Kiiiid, J-Up, The Machine, Sho-Time, Simon, Bootsie, Koleman and Machete!!!!

Support your starting pitcher!!! Do some damage early and often!!

LET'S GET A WIN!!! :clipart-cool-boy-call-me-smiley-emoticon-4021:

P.S. Go Koleman!!! Snap out of your funk and pile up some hits tonight!!