• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2018 Amateur Draft Thread

1 minute ago, True Grich said:

Funny Benji Gil story... My wife and I were at spring training in 2005 and Benji was trying to catch on with the Mariners.  We had a 2002 WS ball that needed his signature and we waited for him at the stadium in Peoria where the players walk out after leaving the field.  People were lined up for Ichiro and others, but when Gil walked by - we started yelling for him.  He looked at us with that "Who, me?" look... he couldn't believe someone was trying to get his autograph.  He signed, of course.

Cool story.

Notes:

School: Western International HS, Detroit
Ht: 6-4 | Wt: 190 | B-T: R-R | Commit/Drafted: Tennessee
Scouting Report: English is one of the youngest players in this year’s draft class and he’s a legit 6-foot-4, so there’s a lot of reasons to believe that his best pitching is ahead of him. He has a 90-93 mph fastball that has touched 95 and every now and then he will break off a quality breaking ball, but everything is seen in flashes right now. He’s far from a finished product and would likely need multiple years in the complex leagues if he signed out of high school. A Tennessee signee, English also has potential as an outfielder. He’s a plus runner with power potential.

Just now, Chuckster70 said:

The Angels announced him as a two-way player. So he's going to pitch and hit in the minors. 

I love it! 

Wow... I thought you were kidding.