• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Vudu DVD app

On 4/20/2018 at 4:59 PM, ten ocho recon scout said:

I think i read disney isnt supported, along with a few other companies.

yeah, no disney. found that out when i tried to scan Grosse Pointe Blank of all things

33 minutes ago, GOPSnowflakesHateCezero said:

thanks tenocho

i did this for a few of my DVD's, and i linked my VUDU account to my Amazon Video account. Worked like a charm. 

No worries. Glad some other people find it as handy as i did.

Just be careful...do it sober...or youll end up paying to upload movies you havent watched in years. And after youll remember why you hadnt watched them in years.

6 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Just be careful...do it sober...or youll end up paying to upload movies you havent watched in years. And after youll remember why you hadnt watched them in years.

With the notable exception of the entire Iron Eagle franchise.

the app works if you scan UPCs off a computer screen

i was hoping i could do that to get a bunch of new releases for $2, but it looks like they don't offer disc to digital for many new releases

i'm just going to assume it's perfectly legal

19 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

I have crappy wifi at my house. Whats the simplest way to stream from my phone to a tv? Chromecast?

Yeah, probably chromecast.   Vudu has a phone app.  And from there you can launch and stream to Chromcast.  I also believe on Amazon and Vudu there is an option to download also.  

But you can't upgrade your Wifi?  I know in my area, it took a while, but finally they got fiber in our neighborhood.  So I'd check around again and see if you can upgrade.  

11 hours ago, Jobu said:

Are you trying to use your phone's LTE connection?

Not sure. 

I guess? I have unlimited data. Can i somehow just send the movie from my phone to the TV? Maybe via wire? (Ghetto)

I have an unopened fire stick, and unopened apple tv (xmas gifts). But i think i need wifi. My home wifi is slow as hell. I havent used it in years. Guess i need to upgrade it.

5 hours ago, gotbeer said:

Yeah, probably chromecast.   Vudu has a phone app.  And from there you can launch and stream to Chromcast.  I also believe on Amazon and Vudu there is an option to download also.  

But you can't upgrade your Wifi?  I know in my area, it took a while, but finally they got fiber in our neighborhood.  So I'd check around again and see if you can upgrade.  

Aside from the wifi upgrade, can i just do it now with my phone? Like will thr phone signal link up to the chromecast automatically, or do i need better wifi first?

1 hour ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Not sure. 

I guess? I have unlimited data. Can i somehow just send the movie from my phone to the TV? Maybe via wire? (Ghetto)

I have an unopened fire stick, and unopened apple tv (xmas gifts). But i think i need wifi. My home wifi is slow as hell. I havent used it in years. Guess i need to upgrade it.

Do you have Amazon Prime? 

1 hour ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Aside from the wifi upgrade, can i just do it now with my phone? Like will thr phone signal link up to the chromecast automatically, or do i need better wifi first?

Yes, you can just do it through your phone.  Hopefully you have an unlimited plan and/or our tax dollars are paying for your phone.  

2 minutes ago, Lou said:

If WiFi isn't fast, try the box. The stick will suck. 

Just now, gotbeer said:

Yes, you can just do it through your phone.  Hopefully you have an unlimited plan and/or our tax dollars are paying for your phone.  

@Lou, it might actually be the box that I have. Ill have to check when I get home. If not, should I get that, or chromecast?

@gotbeer, i have unlimited data on my phone. Thats why ive never bothered to upgrade my wifi. Ive used only my phone for years now.