• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Vudu DVD app

Haven't heard of this.  But Vudu is owned by Walmart.  If it converts to ultraviolet, then it in theory can be used among all platforms.  But sounds interesting.  They have always had programs that converted from VHS to DVD.  So this might just be the next step. 

Also, I do use the Vudu app since the Tmobile tuesdays gives me a free rental on their app every few weeks.  

Edited by gotbeer

Looking it up a bit more.  Looks like they are the only one's doing it.  Looks like they started in 2017.  And it looks like there is a cap of 100 a year.  Also, looks like a DVD goes to SD for $2, or HD for $5.  But a Blu Ray goes to HD for $2.  

While I did convert all my dvd's to my computer and put them all on a hard drive.  Just having them in digital format sounds like a much better idea, and more of a reason to watch my older collection.  Not sure if a TV series counts as one dvd, but if it did, that would make it even better.

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

@ten ocho recon scout  Let me know if you do it for a TV series.  Although, come to think of it, dammit.  I sold my Battlestar Galactica series after I recorded it.  Doh.  Guess I'll just go to the store and start scanning bar codes. ;)

Im reading that wont work, because of gps on your phone

But im sure you could buy it, take it home, scan it, then return it.

Im reading people saying theres things online that generate barcodes, if youre techy like that

6 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Im reading that wont work, because of gps on your phone

But im sure you could buy it, take it home, scan it, then return it.

Im reading people saying theres things online that generate barcodes, if youre techy like that

I have apps that can fake my gps.  :P  But printout out the barcodes is probably just as easy.

28 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Not sure. I was wondering the same. I have a feeling its more just well known stuff. So i probably wont be able to upload The Burbs :(

If you mean Tom Hanks the Burbs.  It's listed.  

1 hour ago, LHalo said:

How big is the library? I have old skate/snowboard videos that I'd like to convert.

As far as skate/snowboard.  I did a search on snowboard videos, and it came up with a few.  So my thoughts are only really mainstream or big studio one's are on there..  

5 minutes ago, Brandon said:

the transworld videos used to be the best. if they allow the old 411 videos (is that even still around?) i'll be mighty impressed.

411 used to release one every month. They called them video magazines. What a trip down memory lane it would be to re-watch some of those. I have a box full of old skate/snow dvd and vhs tapes. My favorite being this:

subjekt-HAAKONSEN-snowboard-movie-cover-

2 hours ago, LHalo said:

Thanks for letting us know about this TORS.

My pleasure! This is the coolest app ive heard of in forever. So many old movies im too lazy to watch anymore. This will allow me to get rid of them and their clutter, and still have them around when im bored. Well worth the cost, IMO.

Curious about the difference between SD and HDX.

3 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

My pleasure! This is the coolest app ive heard of in forever. So many old movies im too lazy to watch anymore. This will allow me to get rid of them and their clutter, and still have them around when im bored. Well worth the cost, IMO.

Curious about the difference between SD and HDX.

If possible, I would get the HDX version.  Do some digging and get the UPC code of the blu ray.  Just because in the future, 4k will get here, and blu ray is at least closer in that direction.  

Oddly, what I'm finding so far is Disney movies are not being accepted by this.   At least the few I have tried to so far.  Maybe it's just me.  

Edited by gotbeer

1 minute ago, gotbeer said:

If possible, I would get the HDX version.  Do some digging and get the UPC code of the blu ray.  Just because in the future, 4k will get here, and blu ray is at least closer in that direction.  

Oddly, what I'm finding so far is Disney movies are not being accepted by this.   At least the few I have tried to so far.  Maybe it's just me.  

I think i read disney isnt supported, along with a few other companies.

3 hours ago, LHalo said:

411 used to release one every month. They called them video magazines. What a trip down memory lane it would be to re-watch some of those. I have a box full of old skate/snow dvd and vhs tapes. My favorite being this:

subjekt-HAAKONSEN-snowboard-movie-cover-

yeah, I have a backpack in my storage unit filled with all the old skate vis tapes. I wonder how much they would go for on eBay or craigslist? mostly late 90's to early 00's.

17 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Had too much to drink last night and went on a rampage, spent too much money. But, its worth it to me to have a bunch of movies i can stream now, and get rid of the clutter.

Haha.  Usually that's my line.  Hopefully you don't look at the list again, and realize you bought gems that would make the Raspberry awards blush.