• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2018 Minor League Statline and Prospect Discussion Thread

1. Jo Adell - Starts the season strong in AA then gets the call up to AAA, remains with solid numbers. Potential end of the year call-up if he stays consistent and improves strikeout rate.

2. Griffin Canning - He will figure it out with a sub 4.00era in AAA. Will get the mid-season call to MLB.

3. Brandon Marsh - Will go to AA early in season, if not start there. Much better at the dish, defensive monster in the outfield. 

4. Jose Suarez - First to be called up to MLB. Likely on roster for good by August. 

5. Jahmai Jones - HR and BA numbers in AA will stay high, quick call up to AAA and remains a solid player. Figures it out at 2B, Hits around .260 -.280 in AAA. If he has an amazing season, we could see a September call-up to MLB, but not likely. 

6. Luis Rengifo - BA stays high in AAA and will be a September call-up. Will battle Fletcher/Ward for IF spot.  

7. Jordyn Adams - Starts showing some Jo Adell Stats in low ball as he found his groove before injury. 

8. Taylor Ward - Split time in Majors/AAA. Will hit around .230-.250 in mlb and considers move to 1B towards end of season. Battle it out with Thaiss.

9. Pat Sandoval - Stats remain insane in AA then gets a decently timed call-up to AAA. Stats flatten to normal. 

10. Matt Thaiss - Becomes a solid consistent hitter, September call-up. Chance for battle with Bour and Ward at 1B for 2020. Odd man out becomes trade bait. 

11. Jeremiah Jackson -  Starts in Orem. Average hitter but with chance to flash good numbers.

12. D'Shawn Knowles - Starts the season where he left off last season, will be in high A ball by end of year. Chance to fly through the minors.  

13. Kevin Maitan - I really think he figures it out this year and starts playing the way scouts thought. 

14. Jose Soriano - Effectively wild. Very young has height and will need to fill into his own body. Possibly shows flashes of dominance.  

4 hours ago, Dochalo said:

That bat speed is ridiculous. Even faster than Randal Grichuk, who used to have the fastest bat in the minors. The only thing that I don't love is the distance his hands move pre-swing. That hitch of his is used for timing and power, but pitchers typically eat hitters alive that move that much. But like Torii Hunter, if he can cut down on the movement even a little bit, the bat speed and athleticism will take over and he'll be a successful major league hitter.

I do like the trend that I'm seeing with the Angels and their minor leaguers. For the past half decade or so, the leg kick trend has been in full swing, as we're seeing more three outcome players and the higher leg kick, the more power generated. But the Angels have actually been shortening or even eliminating the stride altogether. It creates a shorter path to the ball and puts the ball in play more. And new tweaks in mechanics that I've been seeing are creating power through other avenues. 

Overall, I like the publicity blitz he's been on this winter. Giving back to the community and posting videos of him hitting the gym hard. That's one way you generate hype. He looks like the next Torii Hunter to me. 

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

New year..  Here's one of the first top 100 lists of the year -- now with 5 Angels, including Jordyn Adams 

https://prospects-365.com/2019/01/02/ray-butlers-2018-december-top-100-prospects/

Doc, Chuck, someone with powaaaaaaahhhh....   Is it time for new 2019 official minor league thread yet?

Seems l I'll keep he more focused on the fantasy value of these players in instead of real world value. But I do ie that he is willing to stick his neck out and take a chance. There are some aggressive rankings in there.

Butler has Adell at #9, behind only Franco, Bichette, Lewis, Robles, Tatis Jr, Jimenez, and Vlad Jr among position players. Several of those guys will soon be in the majors, so he'll jump even higher. I think you could make an argument that he should be ranked higher than two or three of those guys already; for instance, I like but don't love Bichette, and Jimenez--while very good--is simply more advanced, and probably with a higher floor but lower ceiling.

Which will be a better OF: Harper-Soto-Robles or Trout-Adell-Marsh? The knee-jerk response would be "Angels, of course," but consider that while Trout is head and shoulders above anyone else, Marsh is a distant 6th on that list. Soto and Robles probably rank ahead of Adell right now, so you have the Angels with 1-5-6 vs. the Nats with 2-3-4.

• Chuck unpinned this topic