• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Official 2018 Minor League Statline and Prospect Discussion Thread

On 11/28/2018 at 8:46 AM, Taylor said:

Lol, I just find it funny that his comps are always other black dudes. And Regnifo gets comped to other Latino players.

I'm a white guy, so I'm not offended. I just find it slightly amusing.

They all play alike to me.

7 minutes ago, Jeff Fletcher said:

Nate Smith is just now at 100 percent. He's expecting to be in the AAA rotation and have a shot to contribute in the majors in 2019.

Wow. That’s absolutely not what I expected to hear.

He had the odds against him already a bit before these injuries, but he’s a gamer, so this is exciting. Having him in the AA/AAA rotation mix really changes the complexion of our minor league rotation depth. 

6 minutes ago, totdprods said:

He had the odds against him already a bit before these injuries, but he’s a gamer, so this is exciting. Having him in the AA/AAA rotation mix really changes the complexion of our minor league rotation depth. 

still only 27 but hasn't pitched in two years.  Could help the back of the rotation.  Not sure I'd consider that a change in complexion though.  Maybe one less pimple.  

1 hour ago, totdprods said:

I really screwed the pooch on the depth chart article. I knew I should have circulated that among the staff prior to publication. SMFH.

4 minutes ago, ettin said:

I really screwed the pooch on the depth chart article. I knew I should have circulated that among the staff prior to publication. SMFH.

Just make the edits/additions on the Blog and then I'll overwrite what's here with the updated Blog article.

On 11/27/2018 at 7:08 PM, totdprods said:

I honestly can't name a single non-Latin switch-hitter in baseball right now either, off the top of my head.

22 hours ago, GrittyVeterans said:

Zobrist, Dexter Fowler

But yeah, it's amazing how much more common it is for Latin players

The great Kaleb Cowart??

HELLO?

I got some of my questions answered in BA's Angels top-10 prospect list today. 

Here's one that's been discussed here a bunch lately. (btw, Mike and I go back a while). 

• Chuck Richter (Seattle, WA): Hi Mike, do you think there's a good chance the Angels let Luis Rengifo have a shot at the starting second base job in spring training, or at least battle for the spot with Fletcher & Cozart?

Mike DiGiovanna: What up Chuck? Rengifo might have made the biggest leap of any Angels prospect last season. Some scouts think he's a future utility INF, some think he's good enough to be a starter. Whether he'll have a shot at 2B job will depend on whether or not Cozart stays at 3B. If it comes down to Fletcher vs. Rengifo, sure, that could be a competition.

https://www.baseballamerica.com/chat/?1543586615