• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Driverless Car Kills Pedestrian

if this board were around for the first horseless carriages

"i love riding my fucking horse, how dare they take that away from me"

"1 person jumped in front of a horseless carriage so suddenly, nobody could've stopped, but let's blame the horseless carriage!"

14 minutes ago, Lou said:

Long  Duk Dong!  

Fun fact of the Day:  He was also the hotel manager in Forgetting Sarah Marshall

008FSM_Gedde_Watanabe_001.jpg

speaking of sarah marshall...

im at the episode of deadwood where she shows up and they are trying to turn her into a whore.

damn that bella union! she's just a kid.

Joanie-Kim-Dickens-and-Flora-Kristen-Bel

14 minutes ago, GOPSnowflakesHateCezero said:

if this board were around for the first horseless carriages

"i love riding my fucking horse, how dare they take that away from me"

"1 person jumped in front of a horseless carriage so suddenly, nobody could've stopped, but let's blame the horseless carriage!"

Stupid.  If you still have to get around in a car, why wouldn't you want to be in control.?  We aren't talkin about a new form of transportation 

i'm guessing the victim is a former resident of glendale., where crossing the street at night in dark clothing is considered normal.

i know that legally a pedestrian has the right of way once they step into the street (at least in california), but he bears as much responsibility in this as the car technology, especially considering where he crossed.

41 minutes ago, well_red said:

405 during rush hour.  rather be doing anything other than "driving" at that time.

Was on it for years.  

Driving down the interstate following the Yellowstone River.  Driving through Glacier national park, driving from Reno to Sacramento.  I love those drives.  

32 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Was on it for years.  

Driving down the interstate following the Yellowstone River.  Driving through Glacier national park, driving from Reno to Sacramento.  I love those drives.  

no traffic

no traffic

some traffic

if they can work out the bugs in the system, i'd LOVE to have a self-driving car for freeway traffic out here.

my leg gets tired from switching so frequently from brake to gas to brake for a couple of hours. even driving here on the weekends has become a burden because of the sheer volume of cars on the road.

i'd be thrilled to let the car drive itself so that i can relax physically and psychologically. driving in traffic is stressful.

i'll agree with you about the open road, however. there are some amazing places to pass through. driving north from san fran to ukiah is not to be missed (yes, i'm serious). absolutely spectacular. driving up to lake tahoe is another beautiful one.

3 hours ago, Tank said:

my leg gets tired from switching so frequently from brake to gas to brake for a couple of hours. even driving here on the weekends has become a burden because of the sheer volume of cars on the road.

i'd be thrilled to let the car drive itself so that i can relax physically and psychologically. driving in traffic is stressful.

i'll agree with you about the open road, however. there are some amazing places to pass through. driving north from san fran to ukiah is not to be missed (yes, i'm serious). absolutely spectacular. driving up to lake tahoe is another beautiful one.

Vacation or recreation driving is much different than driving to and from and for work.  The job I have now, I spend about 4-5 hours a day in the car.  Even in our little communities the traffic sucks.  Traffic lights are the worse....I hit about 70-80% of them red.  

1 hour ago, HaloNArizona said:

Take away cousin "IT" who is not paying attention...

If you watch the start of the video...the person crossing the street appears out of no where....I'm not sure if anyone could have stopped in time.

I would have to disagree.  Just because the person appeared out of nowhere on the camera doesn't mean you couldn't see the person with the naked eye.  I have a cheap dashcam on my dash.  At night, it's tough to make out much on the recordings  (oddly, I can make out more than just the headlight range in the Uber video).  I could probably see 2x better than what the camera picks up, because cameras just don't pick up low light very well.  And when the camera is picking up only what's in the headlight view, and if that is the range of your vision at night.  Then you shouldn't be driving.  

But the more troubling thing is, clearly she didn't just jump out in the middle of the road.  Regardless of what you could see, the systems object detection system should have seen that person or even an object was there and taken appropriate action.  That it didn't even slow down or swerve  is a major flaw in that system.  

15 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

I would have to disagree.  Just because the person appeared out of nowhere on the camera doesn't mean you couldn't see the person with the naked eye.  I have a cheap dashcam on my dash.  At night, it's tough to make out much on the recordings  (oddly, I can make out more than just the headlight range in the Uber video).  I could probably see 2x better than what the camera picks up, because cameras just don't pick up low light very well.  And when the camera is picking up only what's in the headlight view, and if that is the range of your vision at night.  Then you shouldn't be driving.  

But the more troubling thing is, clearly she didn't just jump out in the middle of the road.  Regardless of what you could see, the systems object detection system should have seen that person or even an object was there and taken appropriate action.  That it didn't even slow down or swerve  is a major flaw in that system.  

Agreed on the major flaw of the system...

First off, I am not defending the self driving car....I think they are poor idea....

How familiar are you with Arizona driving...especially at night?  

Even with street lights....driving at night in Arizona is difficult.  Not knowing the exact location, I cannot say for sure, but there is difference in most places between LA driving and Arizona driving at night.  Too many questions still.

Either way...not a fan of the self driving vehicles, and now Tesla is letting loose the self driving semi's.

On 3/22/2018 at 9:43 AM, mtangelsfan said:

Was on it for years.  

Wouldn't it be just as nice to "ride" down the interstate following the Yellowstone River?  Do you really have to "drive" down the interstate in order for it to be enjoyable?