• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Jorge Polanco suspended 80 games

Pablo

Minnesota has been fairly active on the FA market this offseason, especially late, picking up Lynn & Odorizzi - gotta think this is a pretty heavy blow to them. Other than Eric Aybar, not sure who they have who can step up. Any opportunities to exploit?

12 minutes ago, Pablo said:

Minnesota has been fairly active on the FA market this offseason, especially late, picking up Lynn & Odorizzi - gotta think this is a pretty heavy blow to them. Other than Eric Aybar, not sure who they have who can step up. Any opportunities to exploit?

With the way the Twins have been able to make all sorts of savvy steals in this market, I wouldn't be surprised if they somehow landed Machado for a bag of peanuts, lol.

That said, you're right, that's a tough blow for them.  I don't think there is anything we can offer them, though.

10 minutes ago, Tyler said:

I love how MLB is only sport that cares about this stuff.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/22794589/cincinnati-bengals-linebacker-vontaze-burfict-facing-four-game-suspension-violating-nfl-performance-enhancing-drug-policy-according-league-sources

After watching the documentary Icarus I think some of these guys getting popped in pro sports don't know the right people to go to in order to be able to pull off clean tests while doing PED's.  Looking at the list of players who got popped in MLB last year including the minors quite a few of them appear to be from Central America, South America or Cuba.  I seem to recall someone on here linking to an article or mentioning that according to some players from the DR that PED usage isn't all that uncommon there. 

7 hours ago, Tyler said:

I love how MLB is only sport that cares about this stuff.

their penalty is pretty stiff, but so is the penalty in the olympics. the NFL cares about it but the penalty is less severe.

The tragedy of Bonds is he probably would have made the HOF even without the steroids. What the chemicals gave him, possibly, was the ability to withstand the injuries and other rigors of time and the added upper-body strength to power the home runs farther. I don't think steroids can explain his fabulous hand-eye coordination. The guy was a great, great player who got too greedy for more.

Edited by fan_since79