• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Mariners check in as Baseball America’s worst farm system

Chuck

5 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

The Dipoto Effect. The guy guts the farm from the bottom up. Fans rationalize it at first by saying how he's "not trading any of the key prospects" but by the time it finally hits you it's too late. You're left with like...1 prospect left and no depth/flexibility

and very little at the major league level to show for it.  

"After trading away Luiz Gohara, Nick Neidert, Freddy Peralta, Ryan Yarbrough, Brandon Miller, Juan Then and Juan De Paula--among others--in recent years, the Mariners' system has nothing but future relievers and spot starters, at best, outside of 2017 draftee Sam Carlson."

Read more at https://www.baseballamerica.com/minors/2018-seattle-mariners-top-10-prospects/#gxk5lmALZqb1my1X.99

....   Shockingly familiar...

Is the hate for Dipoto here based on the way he ran for the hills from the Angels during the season? Or is it more based on poor performance as a GM?

I can understand the grand dislike for Dipoto, but on the other hand, I was impressed that he took the time to attend that Angels Win spring training jump-off and seemed genuinely happy to be there. I thought that was cool and maybe would save him from some of the comments I've seen here.

38 minutes ago, DowningRules said:

Is the hate for Dipoto here based on the way he ran for the hills from the Angels during the season? Or is it more based on poor performance as a GM?

I can understand the grand dislike for Dipoto, but on the other hand, I was impressed that he took the time to attend that Angels Win spring training jump-off and seemed genuinely happy to be there. I thought that was cool and maybe would save him from some of the comments I've seen here.

im sure he's not a terrible guy.  but he left the organization in a terrible unprofessional way, and lets face it results are results.  This guy is a disaster.

Edited by UndertheHalo

1 hour ago, DowningRules said:

For me, it's the results. I don't care as much as some do here about the manner he left in, even though I still think it was unprofessional. But the guy just flat out does not know how to evaluate talent. He doesn't do it well in the major leagues, he doesn't do it well in the minor leagues, he doesn't do it well in Cuba. You look at some of the moves he made in his time here and it is staggering. Blanton, Hanson (RIP), Ibanez, Baldoquin, giving up Grichuk and Segura for rentals and mediocre players.  Yes, Arte was to blame for Pujols and maybe Hamilton. But when CJ Wilson and Tyler Chatwood for Chris Iannetta were your best two acquisitions in your 4 years as GM, AND you leave the farm system worse than it was when you got it, you suck and deserve all the blame you get imo