• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Last Jedi (Spoiler Alert: Red wants you to know you're dumb if you jump into this thread without having seen the film.)

RallyMo

9 hours ago, The Dude said:

Just a couple of comments

Hide contents

Yoda didnt acutally burn the books, in one of the last scenes on the Falcon at the end, someone opens a compartment(Finn?) and you see the books in there.

The Last Jedi to me was obviously implied to be Rey i thought, Leia isnt going to be in 9 so it cant be her. Im surprised so many peole seemed to miss "broom boy" using the force. It was pretty clear. As far as him becoming anything more in the next movie i say the chances are about 0. Look how many things from TFA were completely dropped in TLJ. There isnt any cohesiveness to this trilogy, as they have stated numerous times they are "making it up as they go" and it shows.

Spoiler

I think it leads to the point Luke was making. Even if there wasn't Rey or anyone else shown for that matter, there would always be another Jedi because the force would be there regardless. There would be someone attuned to the force who would rise on either the light or dark side, and another would rise on the opposite side to balance them and the cycle would always repeat.

9 hours ago, The Dude said:

Just a couple of comments

Hide contents

Im surprised so many peole seemed to miss "broom boy" using the force. It was pretty clear. As far as him becoming anything more in the next movie i say the chances are about 0. 

Spoiler

The thing with Broom Boy, and why I think he may be something in the next one, is that it was such a throw in unneccessary scene to finish the movie off.  This was more akin to a Marvel post credit scene where they put things in to either have fun, (schwarma scene in Avengers) but in more cases to preview their next film.  Again, I am probably reading way too much into it.  Now, I'll go Vladdy with my charts of conspiracy.  If you go on this wild theory, and think longterm, and the kid is indeed the last jedi that is referenced in the title.  And we know Episode IX is the end......well, we know Fisher is as good as dead, and Kylo is either dead or will come back to the light side.  But as the story goes, if you throw in the kid.  In the next film if Kylo and Leia are dead, because in the high viewpoint of things, Episodes 7 and 8 have followed the story of episode 4 and 5.  And with both of them dead, that would complete the Skywalker bloodline, and Episode I - IX would become the unofficial Star Wars:  The Skywalker story.  And then with broom boy, you could start the whole cycle again, with Chapter 2, Episode 1:  the Broom Boy story.  

57 minutes ago, red321 said:

At this point, can't we stop using spoiler tags? Anyone coming into this thread who hasn't watched the movie is either kinda dumb or deserves to have the movie spoiled. Just change the topic title to include ** Spoiler Alert **

Gotcha covered, buddy.

1 hour ago, red321 said:

At this point, can't we stop using spoiler tags? Anyone coming into this thread who hasn't watched the movie is either kinda dumb or deserves to have the movie spoiled. Just change the topic title to include ** Spoiler Alert **

Spoiler

Dick

On 12/19/2017 at 10:46 AM, HaloCory22 said:

Don't think I'll ever be okay with how they portrayed Luke. Just wrong. Oh so wrong.

If you have to tear down beloved characters to makes us care about these new ones, then you arent writing a very compelling story. They made Luke an even bigger POS in some of the deleted scenes(I'll see if i can find the article). Clearly they had no idea how to write the character. They wanted to make Kylo a sympathetic character by tearing Luke down. The director basically says exactly that.

The more i think about it the more i dont like these new saga movies. This whole ST is so haphazardly thrown together and where they've taken it really doesnt make any sense as a continuation of the story after ROTJ. This is disneys attempt at making their own original trilogy for the new generation except this one has not even an ounce of the creativity or attention to detail that those movies had. Even the prequels were better. Wheres the world building? Every set is minimalist to a fault and feels claustrophobic. Rebllion vs Empire again? fucking dumb. What they've essentially done here is nullify the accomplishments of the heroes from the previous 6 so these paper thin characters that give us no reason to care about them or their jouney have something to do. I mean they really couldnt write anything better than what we are getting? I have loved Star Wars all my life, but i have to admit these movies arent very good and could have been so much better.

On 12/19/2017 at 10:13 AM, Sully151 said:

I saw it yesterday. It could have been so good.

it needed to be cut by 30 minutes and I know where it should have been cut. 

In other news, I will never be able to drink green milk again.

FFS that really should have been in a spoiler tag! 

3 hours ago, tdawg87 said:

It was good, not great. 

Luke was great though. I think people expected him to be Yoda 2.0 and be this absolute badass, but I was happy they didn't go that route. His redemption arc is more badass than anything he could have done with a lightsaber.

Yeah but we got Vader 2.0 and Sidious 2.0 and Rebels v Empire 2.0. Wouldnt have killed them to give Luke a decent send off considering these are most likely the last movies we'll ever see Luke in.

4 hours ago, The Dude said:

Not sure if this is supposed to be some dig at people that dont like this movie, but is has nothing to do with "head canon" for me or the vast majority of people that dont like the movie. Its just not a very good movie.

Well as it calls out Rian and JJ I'd assume not just this movie. 

8 hours ago, The Dude said:

Yeah but we got Vader 2.0 and Sidious 2.0 and Rebels v Empire 2.0. Wouldnt have killed them to give Luke a decent send off considering these are most likely the last movies we'll ever see Luke in.

I don't know.  Projecting yourself across the galaxy (like we've seen no jedi do before), and showing up the empire, giving hope to the rebels and showing that you are the jedi legend that people across the galaxy will rally around, all while saving your sister.  That's a pretty good sendoff.