• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Acquire Ian Kinsler for SP Hernandez, OF Montgomery

totdprods

Just now, beatlesrule said:

I don't know who they are but it still seems like too much.  If Kinsler costs this, I can't imagine what the other 2nd baseman's prices are.

Exactly, and with other organizations giving away players for free it would be very dumb to go after Hernandez especially when Klentak probably knows our guys better than Eppler at the moment.  Kinsler made so much sense.

Troy Montgomery is a classic fringe prospect. Think how for every Kole Calhoun there's twenty other guys like him who don't make it to the majors. Montgomery is probably one of those guys.

Hernandez seems to be one of those Latin arms who might turn into a nice reliever, but probably won't make it out of the low minors.

I don't like this trade because I don't like Kinsler.  The guy was the ultimate douche on the Rangers, especially towards us.  It seemed like he'd always get big hits against us as well which would really piss me off that he was the one getting them.  You can tell me to get over it, but I can't.  That's how much I disliked the guy.

Just now, Kendo36 said:

I really like this move. People forget that we were close last year with pure dog shit at 2nd & 3rd. Kinsler is nice and headley has a decent obp. Both upgrades that aren't going to cost much. We need arms now.

im not assuming Headley till i have to, hes literally at best my third or 4th choice right now. 

XjoyL3MC_bigger.jpeg Chris CotilloVerified account @ChrisCotillo 2m2 minutes ago

.@MLBPipeline has Montgomery at No. 20 and Hernandez at No. 24 in LAA system.

Chris Cotillo added,

Chris McCosky @cmccosky
Per source: Tigers get CF Troy Montgomery and RHP Wilkel Hernandez back from Angels in Kinsler deal
0 replies 0 retweets 0 likes

2 hours ago, krAbs said:

Altuve, Asdrubal Cabrera, Descalso, Dozier, Forsythe, LeMahieu, Lowrie, Gonzolez, Harrison, and Murphy are all going to be free agents next year (not all are great, but most seem at least as good as what we've been looking at, and some are fantastic). If I were Eppler, I'd be tempted to use Kinsler as a bandaid, and then sign one of them, hoping that the over-saturated market drops some prices.

I'd love me some Altuve next year

3 minutes ago, Scotty@AW said:

It's a fair price. Montgomery is more talented than most fourth OF's but that's still what he is. And Wilkel is hard to give up. He's our best starter in Rookie Ball. Future #3/4 starter or late inning reliever.

Hmm...if what you say about Wilkel turns out to be true, steep price indeed.