• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Cubs Sign Chatwood

ksangel

12:20pm: The Cubs announced on Thursday that they’ve agreed to a three-year contract with free agent right-hander Tyler Chatwood. The 27-year-old Chatwood, a client of Excel Sports Management, will receive “around $40MM” on the contract, according to MLB.com’s Jon Morosi (Twitter link).

Turned out to be $38M...which is amazing $'s considering it's just a little less than the Angels will pay Richards, Shoemaker, Skaggs, Heaney and Bridwell combined.

Meh, I wasn't impressed with him when he was here before!

And watched a couple of his starts outside of the Rockies through the last few years....He did decent sometimes. 

Gives up a ton of hits....Maybe, as a 5th guy! Not a 1B, 2, or 3....

But, I wouldn't pay that kind of money for a 5th guy either!...."Hell, it's not my money"!

1 hour ago, Dochalo said:

ground ball machine.  sub 3 era away from coors the last two years.  entering his age 28 season.  avg FB velo of 95mph.  

Outside of Coors the air density is thicker which should hypothetically add more break to his sinker so this is probably a good signing by the Cubs overall. Not a great signing but above average I think. The velocity is a plus too.

It's a nice signing with potential upside. Wouldn't have minded the Angels signing him for that but there is considerable risk here. We harp on the Angels starters all being a bunch of injury question marks but Chatwood is a small'ish pitcher whose had TJS twice and hasn't pitched 160 innings once in his career

37 minutes ago, bloodbrother said:

It's a nice signing with potential upside. Wouldn't have minded the Angels signing him for that but there is considerable risk here. We harp on the Angels starters all being a bunch of injury question marks but Chatwood is a small'ish pitcher whose had TJS twice and hasn't pitched 160 innings once in his career

As much as I would like to have seen Chatwood back in Anaheim.....I think the Cubs paid too much.