• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Poll: Who signs Shohei Ohtani?

Second Base

Poll: Who signs Shohei Ohtani  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Who signs Shohei Ohtani

• Padres
    • Dodgers
    • Angels
    • Giants
    • Mariners
    • Rangers
    • Cubs

If he is picking chicago or Texas because of non-stop flights to Japan, maybe he should stay there. How many times will he be flying anyway? I would assume maybe a handful of times a year during the off-season. 

Anaheim offers the best of both worlds, hot summer days for hitting and cool marine layer nights for pitching.

He would have the best player on the planet in Center, arguably the best defensive catcher and Shortstop in front of him and behind him and all the In-N-Out he can handle.

3 minutes ago, Sully151 said:

If he is picking chicago or Texas because of non-stop flights to Japan, maybe he should stay there. How many times will he be flying anyway? I would assume maybe a handful of times a year during the off-season. 

Anaheim offers the best of both worlds, hot summer days for hitting and cool marine layer nights for pitching.

He would have the best player on the planet in Center, arguably the best defensive catcher and Shortstop in front of him and behind him and all the In-N-Out he can handle.

I'm pretty sure he just wants to be close to a del taco...in n out is not a must have.

8 minutes ago, Sully151 said:

He would have the best player on the planet in Center, arguably the best defensive catcher and Shortstop in front of him and behind him and all the In-N-Out Five Guys he can handle.

Fixed :D

4 minutes ago, Sully151 said:

The Texas Rangers are getting a brand new stadium with a retractable roof. The Padres already have a beautiful stadium with the best weather on the mainland. 

They both have nice spring training complexes. 

6 hours ago, Stradling said:

If he is choosing where he’s going to play based on the manager he’s going to the Cubs, Giants or the Angels.  

I doubt he will go to a NL team. He hasn't played a position in 3 years, he never hits on the day he pitches or the day before or the day after a start. So that would eliminate the NL unless he wants to a corner OF position or be a pinch hitter.

On 12/3/2017 at 10:39 PM, Stradling said:

I went with the Angels, there is just something about Eppler that makes me believe that he will be the X factor and he will be able to communicate best what needs to be communicated in order for Ohtani to feel safe signing with us.  I obviously could be wrong, but its a hunch.  

I love Billy Eppler. 

• 3 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, OregonLAA said:

I hoped for the Angels but thought it was a complete pipe dream

Until he narrowed down his list I was 100% convinced he was gonna go join Tanaka in NY.  At that point I had a little hope but not much.  That evening that we got the extra international money, I started seriously hoping and felt that maybe we had a good shot.  I sort of figured Eppler wasn’t trading Pearson if he didn’t think he was legit in on him.  Really thrilled it worked out.