• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Poll: Who signs Shohei Ohtani?

Second Base

Poll: Who signs Shohei Ohtani  

118 members have voted

1. 1. Who signs Shohei Ohtani

• Padres
    • Dodgers
    • Angels
    • Giants
    • Mariners
    • Rangers
    • Cubs

The question is, how many demands of his do you give in to?  Does he hit better when playing the field versus just being a DH? I honestly have no idea where he will end up. We don't have solid concrete info to go off of other than the teams listed. Are his only demands to be able to pitch and hit? How often does he want to hit and pitch?  Does he want to pitch at least five or six Innings a start? Does he want to be a Workhorse and try to go the full 9? Does he want to play the infield or outfield? Is he fine with just dh'ing and never seeing the field?

I think we have a pretty good shot. Upper part of the pack of the so called contenders. But i have a gut feeling it will be the mariners. Texas could suprise. The padres seem like a no way, but apparently hes feeling it, so who knows.

I think it comes down to us and the Ms. Im not really super hyped on this guy, but seeing how teams are lining up players to meet him makes it sound like he could be very special.

38 minutes ago, wopphil said:

Because to the butthurt folk, anything that is associated with a group of people is "racist." 

Some people may be to sensitive to things posted here Wopphil but I've also seen some stuff that crossed a line.

17 minutes ago, ettin said:

Some people may be to sensitive to things posted here Wopphil but I've also seen some stuff that crossed a line.

I haven't read it all. The stuff i have read has all been obvious attempts at stereotypical humor. I just think some people like to be offended and feel as though they are victims. 

9 minutes ago, wopphil said:

I haven't read it all. The stuff i have read has all been obvious attempts at stereotypical humor. I just think some people like to be offended and feel as though they are victims. 

I agree. Just because you make a funny stereotypical joke doesn't make you a racist. 

I cracked a joke like this at the bar in Seattle once only to have a drunk lib call me a racist. My black friend was with me, tilted his bar stool back, put his arm around me and said, "NOPE.. STFU dumbass."

21 minutes ago, wopphil said:

I wasn't actually talking about in this thread but in general in the past on the board.

I think the thing that would be appealing on coming to the Angels if I was Ohtani is if he was a pitcher/outfielder, he would be out there with Trout and Upton and he has one hell of an arm out there, the only issue is you'd have to rest him the days around the day he pitched and we can't use him as a DH for known reasons. The Dodgers already have a log jam of pitchers and outfielders and if he pays attention to MLB he would know what kind of GM Dipoto is, the Rangers are more of a threat to grab him, Padres will just trade him later when he's worth too much. But all in all it matters what Eppler and Arte slide under the table.

13 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Having spoken to Dipoto over the years and seeing him speak at our events for three years in a row, he's a charmer, attractive personality and knows his baseball. 

He would seem to have an edge, though I've never spoken to Eppler or seen him work  behind the scenes so it's hard to compare the two. 

I haven't been unable to get an interview with Eppler. It would he awesome for our site if I could. Want to see if you can get Tim to arrange it? I'm on my Christmas break starting the 22nd and could meet any time during those 2 weeks. 

I have to think that Eppler knows something that caused him to make the trade for money. I saw that as an unlikely move unless he thinks the Angels have an unstated edge. Eppler does not strike me as a GM who acts impulsively hoping things work out. I honestly believe that Trout as a person as well as the player is the wild card.