• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Josh Paul, Angels Bench Coach

totdprods

Just now, AngelsFaninGA said:

I'm looking forward to our 2021 staff

Manager: Jeff Mathis

Pitching coach: Brian Fuentes

Third Base Coach: Erick Aybar

Hitting Coach: Matt Joyce

Ok.  If Mathis is ever our manager, which, who knows maybe he will be.  His awful career offensive numbers will have no bearing on whether or not he will be a good manager, nor will throwing to first on a stolen base attempt.  

I think people tie real life work into sports, where somehow low performers in your job are getting promoted over all of you.  This isn’t really like that.  Managing is a lot different than actually playing the game.  

1 minute ago, Chuckster70 said:

I know that, but some blamed Eddings for that series loss. I've seen it way too many times. 

Chuck, you yourself have blamed Eddings, as have I, that is the emotional fan in all of us.  Why be emotionally tied to something that happened 12 years ago, for an entirely different role?  It is asinine.  

Everyone loves Joe Maddon, he never cut it as a catcher in the minor leagues.  Tony Larussa, considered one of the better managers of this past generation, was not a good player.  The list goes on and on.  Two totally different skill sets.  

34 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Chuck, you yourself have blamed Eddings, as have I, that is the emotional fan in all of us.  Why be emotionally tied to something that happened 12 years ago, for an entirely different role?  It is asinine.  

Everyone loves Joe Maddon, he never cut it as a catcher in the minor leagues.  Tony Larussa, considered one of the better managers of this past generation, was not a good player.  The list goes on and on.  Two totally different skill sets.  

FTR, I don't give two shits about having Josh Paul as the bench coach.

43 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Ok.  If Mathis is ever our manager, which, who knows maybe he will be.  His awful career offensive numbers will have no bearing on whether or not he will be a good manager, nor will throwing to first on a stolen base attempt.  

I think people tie real life work into sports, where somehow low performers in your job are getting promoted over all of you.  This isn’t really like that.  Managing is a lot different than actually playing the game.  

Yep, Walter Alston had ONE MLB at bat (K), and became a HOF manager.

2 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Josh Paul is hilarious. I guess I'm the only one who remembers how legitimately funny the dude is. I can't wait for him to be interviewed.

I think it was Paul that was being interviewed live during a game and he made the comment they specifically designed the dugout roof so the sun glared in his eyes. 

2 hours ago, Chuckster70 said:

Let's see, a former catcher & Angels player in addition to being a current Yankees employee. 

You know Eppy & Sosh got together to make this happen. 

How do you know it wasn't Eppler and Girardi that made it happen?

2 hours ago, Hubs said:

I think it was a clean catch too, but he should've thrown down to first anyway. Replay would've caught it. It's not the worst call I've ever seen, but it's close. The worst is the double tag against the Yankees in 09, but this one cost more. 2-0 coming back home? Lost the series 4-1.

Damn, Hubs, I consider you one of the smartest guys on this board.* 

However, replay in 2005? 

*btw, meeting next Tuesday @ 7pm 

1 hour ago, AngelsFaninGA said:

I'm looking forward to our 2021 staff

Manager: Jeff Mathis

Pitching coach: Brian Fuentes

Third Base Coach: Erick Aybar

Hitting Coach: Matt Joyce

This HAS to happen! Can you imagine that little freak waving running a in, or even better, holding them up at the last second? 

Get on it, Eppy.