• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Sous Vide cooking

16 hours ago, yk9001 said:

I'm somewhere in the middle between cooking a pot roast for more time than it takes for the earth to fully rotate.... and eating tofurkey.

There is a middle ground.

eh...it's not like I stood there for 24 hours. Spent a few minutes setting up Sous Vide, another 3-4 minutes prepping meat and putting in vacuum seal, set temperature. Outside of adding a few cups of water when I walked into the kitchen around the halfway point didn't spent another minute with it until I pulled it out of the water.

Because it's set at one temperature, and that never changes, you can't over cook it or under cook it. 

1 hour ago, red321 said:

yeah...because you're 18

one of the unexpected side benefits of my surgery has been an absolute surge in my sex drive. and at my age, lots and lots of sex means essentially twice within 24 hours.

i can live with that.

7 hours ago, red321 said:

eh...it's not like I stood there for 24 hours. Spent a few minutes setting up Sous Vide, another 3-4 minutes prepping meat and putting in vacuum seal, set temperature. Outside of adding a few cups of water when I walked into the kitchen around the halfway point didn't spent another minute with it until I pulled it out of the water.

Because it's set at one temperature, and that never changes, you can't over cook it or under cook it. 

Ever consider you're creating a larger carbon footprint using electricity for two days to cook a five hour pot roast? 

4 hours ago, Tank said:

one of the unexpected side benefits of my surgery has been an absolute surge in my sex drive. and at my age, lots and lots of sex means essentially twice within 24 hours.

i can live with that.

Props man. I get tired of it after a year or so regardless of how hot she is.

Wife has to be stoked you found some renewed youth and go balls deep so often. Going from no dick to just slaying p and wearing that shit out.

Good stuff.

6 hours ago, Adam said:

You guys are so sophisticated. I use the cast iron skillet. Been using a lot of butter lately for steaks. Good shit. 

This is my shit recently. Need to add a cast iron skillet to the mix, but just grab those Costco New York strips, throw some Montreal seasoning on it, and cook it in butter. Good shit.

Still trying to gauge the temp and cooking times because the steaks are the size of a brontosaurus shit log.

14 hours ago, nate said:

I just do salt and pepper, put melted butter on it once it is done sometimes.  Usually add a little garlic to the butter if I do that.  I also use the grill and not a pan.  Only use cast iron to finish Sous Vide.

Yeah but are you getting laid

On 12/5/2017 at 8:00 PM, nate said:

I just do salt and pepper, put melted butter on it once it is done sometimes.  Usually add a little garlic to the butter if I do that.  I also use the grill and not a pan.  Only use cast iron to finish Sous Vide.

+1 with only salt and pepper with the occasional garlic/butter. Do you BBQ outside in the winter or do the temps screw up everything? 

How's the meat out there? (probably awesome I'm sure)

5 hours ago, LHalo said:

+1 with only salt and pepper with the occasional garlic/butter. Do you BBQ outside in the winter or do the temps screw up everything? 

How's the meat out there? (probably awesome I'm sure)

Beef and lamb here is really good and cheaper than back in CA.  Chicken and Pork all comes from the south or from CA so it ends up being a little bit more expensive and maybe not quite as high quality.

As for grilling in the winter, the thinner steaks that are grilled with the top open can be a bit different, mostly just needing to be grilled for a little bit longer.  I usually just try to pre-heat the grill to like 650 and that helps some.