• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Second Base

Hubs

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

Logan Forsythe stumbled in 2017, but had very good 2015 and 2016 seasons for the Rays.   He has a 2018 option.   If the Dogs don't exercise it, good signing candidate?

I would say yes but I thought Espinosa made a lot of sense...his option is for 8.5 million with a 1 million buy out....he was pretty bad this year so it would seem likely that they buy him out...

I vote for no more "might work out" answers to 2B and LF.

The team now has three things it didnt have before:

Salary space, a few depth arms available to trade, and at least some minor league talent.

Solve the problems in a way that only injury can ruin.

No I don't want to empty the farm but I am open to parting with a good prospect if it lands an impact player.

But no more used band aids that seem like they might stick.

5 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

I vote for no more "might work out" answers to 2B and LF.

The team now has three things it didnt have before:

Salary space, a few depth arms available to trade, and at least some minor league talent.

Solve the problems in a way that only injury can ruin.

No I don't want to empty the farm but I am open to parting with a good prospect if it lands an impact player.

But no more used band aids that seem like they might stick.

I'm as sick of the "might work out" guys as you are, so who would you say should the FO be targeting? I ask because not one of the names mentioned here as a candidate has me excited. 

Except Howie. Love that guy. 

2 minutes ago, Lou said:

I'm as sick of the "might work out" guys as you are, so who would you say should the FO be targeting? I ask because not one of the names mentioned here as a candidate has me excited. 

Except Howie. Love that guy. 

Not sure the answer for 2B comes from free agency.  We agree.  But you can sign a free agent at another position and trade.  How about add another OF and trade Calhoun (and another piece) for a 2B?

14 hours ago, Dtwncbad said:

Not sure the answer for 2B comes from free agency.  We agree.  But you can sign a free agent at another position and trade.  How about add another OF and trade Calhoun (and another piece) for a 2B?

OK, such as....?

56 minutes ago, Lou said:

OK, such as....?

I don't really understand the path of the conversation.  I am merely saying tge Angels have the resources at this point to end up with a 2B and LF thatvare not bandaids.

If I answer the question the conversation becomes a test of my specific proposal being realistic or foolish or if there is a better idea and that's not the point.

How about I answer generically.  Sign a mid level starter and trade a pitcher for a 2B.  Sign Jay Bruce and trade Calhoun.

Whatever.  Just saying free agency to solve 2B is not limited to free agent 2B.  You can sign a different position and then trade from depth.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/19/2017 at 5:09 AM, totdprods said:

Take it with a grain of salt, but a recent MLB Trade Rumors chat had one of their writers feeling a Jahmai Jones for Cesar Hernandez trade was fair, but that the Phils likely wouldn't want a one-for-one for Cesar and If they did, Jones could be topped by another team.

Thought it was interesting (and disheartening) seeing how a non-Angel message board placed that value on both. 

I do like Hernandez but there's really no reason for the Phillies to do anything but hold him until they can sell very high on him, and I don't know if I'd want the Angels to meet that price. 

How many teams actually are looking to trade for a second basemen and give up a top prospect for one?  

I don't see the Phillies holding onto Hernandez with Scott Kingery looking ready to take over the position.

11 minutes ago, Rico said:

How many teams actually are looking to trade for a second basemen and give up a top prospect for one?  

I don't see the Phillies holding onto Hernandez with Scott Kingery looking ready to take over the position.

They could just flip Galvis away and keep everyone else for now too though.

On 10/19/2017 at 9:55 AM, Lou said:

I'm guessing it's for the same reason the cops immediately talk to the felon that lives a few houses down from where a car had been stolen. 

There's a lot of circumstantial evidence to consider here as well.  When you have the message board equivalent of Donald Trump you never know what crazy direction the discussion will go.

On 10/22/2017 at 10:03 PM, tomsred said:

1 hour ago,  greginpsca said: 

The only starters the org seems to 'find", are guys who can't throw strikes.

Except Parker Bridwell.

And J.C. Ramirez. 

DeBunking that one a little further, the Angels pitching staff allowed only 470 walks in 2017, and that was third lowest in the American League behind Cleveland (406) and Boston (465).

To be fair, guys elected to hit home runs off us instead of walking.

4 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

To be fair, guys elected to hit home runs off us instead of walking.

The original statement was that our pitchers can't find the strike zone.  The home runs prove the point that they can find it.  It's easier to hit home runs in the strike zone than outside of it.  After it leaves the opposing bat is beyond the scope of this review.  LOL.  (I sound like a US Press Secretary).