• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Second Base

Hubs

3 hours ago, Stradling said:

How would I know?  For one, I don't know what post you are talking about because I didn't take it down.  Two, Tank actually contributes to the site in a lot of different areas and is probably the most liked member of this community.  I have no idea why Tank responded to you with that post, but I know the phrase he was using and was a little surprised that someone else remembered that.  I think it was from an old Steve Martin comedy album, but it could be from an actual stand up routine he did about 37 years ago, right around the time King Tut song came out.  Is that about right @Tank.  

that's the reference, brother.

Bob, last warning. If you can't get along with people here you've got to leave. This just can't be a wash, rinse, repeat every week. 

You've already earned the reputation of being obstinate and unreasonable. You've already had time in the penalty box and your back up accounts banned for trolling. You are not getting any more leeway.

Talk baseball, if you don't understand the reference to something someone posts ask for clarification rather than go into rage insults. If you don't get a response then it's water off a ducks back and move on.

But mostly, please keep it civil and on point. 

I made a joke about Kolten Wong but really, Wong would be an interesting candidate.

His plate performances took a substantial jump this season putting at a positive OPS+ for the first time in his career at age 26 making you wonder if, like Simmons, he finally found his swing. Anything league average is a big jump for the Angels over the last three seasons and Wong had an unusually high OBP of .367 making him leadoff material. 

His performance in the field took a disturbing plunge from last season. Was it a positioning problem because 26 year old infielders seldom drop off as drastically as he did from 2016 with a 4.5 UZR to a -1.3 this season at the same position.

His AAV would be $8 million over 4 years making him budget friendly which would also make him more trade expensive in prospect cost.

So is he a guy worth kicking the tires on a trade?

6 hours ago, AngelStew43 said:

A club controlled pitcher, like Bridwell, and maybe one other mid level prospect should get Hernandez.

Well, there goes 10 wins next year. I love giving away starters when we have no idea who will cover the first five innings of 162 games. 

29 minutes ago, tomsred said:

Well, there goes 10 wins next year. I love giving away starters when we have no idea who will cover the first five innings of 162 games. 

Parker Bridwell is fine. He's a decent 3-5 pitcher. He also wasn't on the team to start last season. He's a guy you can find pretty easily. He isn't Clayton Kershaw. No starting pitcher is worth 10 more wins than a AAA pitcher consistently. It's not like they aren't going to find someone to start every fifth day, just like if they don't make the trade they will find someone to stand between 1st and second base and stand in the batters box 1 out of every 9 at bats.

On 10/19/2017 at 11:27 AM, VariousCrap said:

Fletcher said Skaggs for Hernandez would most likely get him.  Do that and then sign Cobb.  Easy.

If this is true Eppler needs to dive headfirst into that shit butt ass naked.

I know we have gigantic pitching issues but Skaggs is probably the pitcher we have with the most value who is also the most expendable. He is easily replaced tbqh imo.

On 10/19/2017 at 10:32 PM, eaterfan said:

Parker Bridwell is fine. He's a decent 3-5 pitcher. He also wasn't on the team to start last season. He's a guy you can find pretty easily. He isn't Clayton Kershaw. No starting pitcher is worth 10 more wins than a AAA pitcher consistently. It's not like they aren't going to find someone to start every fifth day, just like if they don't make the trade they will find someone to stand between 1st and second base and stand in the batters box 1 out of every 9 at bats.

The only starters the org seems to 'find", are guys who can't throw strikes.

1 hour ago,  greginpsca said: 

The only starters the org seems to 'find", are guys who can't throw strikes.

Except Parker Bridwell.

And J.C. Ramirez. 

DeBunking that one a little further, the Angels pitching staff allowed only 470 walks in 2017, and that was third lowest in the American League behind Cleveland (406) and Boston (465).