• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Card tricks

Went out with the wife last night and the place we went to had a magician. Normally the guys are kind of annoying, but the guy cornered me and a friend and I couldn't escape.

Anyway, he shows me a deck of cards. He points the deck toward me so he can't see anything, and then asks me to think of a card as he fans through the deck. He never asked me to touch a card, touch the deck, tell anyone the card I was thinking about, or otherwise disclose in any way the card I was thinking about. In fact before I thought of my card, I made him fan through the deck twice.

My card was the 8 of spades. The magician says to me, "your card was black, right?" No big deal, 50/50 chance he gets that.  Then he says "your card was a spade, right."  Now he has my attention. Then he says "your card was the 8 of spades, right?" 

I was dumbfounded. I understand getting tricked with slight of hand, but I had never seen anything like this before. I then intently watched him perform the same trick, successfully, on my friend.

Anyone have any idea how he did it? It has been bugging me. I think it was truly magic. Or all the Sculpin I had been drinking.

i have no idea how they do this stuff.

i was at the magic castle several years ago and we went downstairs to a close up magician. he had a partner that was blindfolded, and through a series of clues, the blindfolded guy was able to guess an object the magician had chosen from one of us. the object i had in my pocket was a kings handkerchief from the playoff, with a bunch of "go kings go" kind of stuff on it. i was about the third or fourth person he picked for the trick, so i was really paying attention to how the magician gave clues. and son of a gun if he didn't guess what it was. nothing in the clues gave it away to my eagle eye, which obviously missed a few important things. pretty awesome stuff all the way around.

2 hours ago, wopphil said:

Lots of cougars, and perhaps some girls in their late 20s and early 30s (not sure that qualified as "young"). And yes, a great 80s band.

I'll tell you about the magic

It'll free your soul

But it's like trying to tell a stranger bout rock n roll

5 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

I've dabbed in magic, with an emphasis on card magic.  Yes, I have an idea on how he did it. No, I won't tell you my ideas on how he did it, because if you enjoyed the trick, just leave it as he did his magic trick well, and he entertained you.  

I figured that is the response I'd get. Hopefully someone not bound by the magic code can tell me their thoughts.

But yes, I was very entertained. The guy was fantastic.

3 hours ago, gotbeer said:

I've dabbed in magic, with an emphasis on card magic.  Yes, I have an idea on how he did it. No, I won't tell you my ideas on how he did it, because if you enjoyed the trick, just leave it as he did his magic trick well, and he entertained you.  

Dirtbag

I know a guy that does magic. Hes the same way. You guys suck.