• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Fires

8 minutes ago, mrwicked said:

this map shows the fires and smoke spreading and changing with the winds.

crazy.

up here now the fires are moving towards sonoma, so we have more friends evacuating.

https://tools.airfire.org/websky/v1/run/standard/CANSAC-2km/2017101000/

One of my good friends left my agency to work as a cop up there. Been talking to him the last few days off and on. I cant believe how bad that fire is. 

So far his house made it, but i guess his neighbor (and a bunch of his work buddies) lost their home.

He almost sounds like they cant do anything, fire is too big, and the wind too bad to make much use of aircraft.

14 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Couple of things that stood out. First, it was impressive as hell to watch Fire do their thing. Whereas i (and other non firefighters) was wondering where the hell they were sometimes, they knew where to ignore, and where to fight. They seriously made the most of the initial scant resources. The relatively little loss of homes vs what it looked like at ground zero when it was raging is a testament to them knowing their craft.

And the overall teamwork was amazing. On the command level, the mutual aid was outstanding (its not easy getting cops and fire from other cities to drop everything, run to a foreign city, and fit right in).

Havent felt this much pride in a bit. Didnt see one dude hesitate. Obviously as a cop, we know very little about fire, and have nothing to protect us or fight it with. But at least with the guys i was with for the most of it (who almost all barely met that day), everyone was game face. Sprinting down streets that were covered in smoke, roofs and landscapes on fire, kicking in doors where the roof was already burning, etc. 

Sucks to get partners who you know are totally squared away for the bad times, bond with them, and know youre never gonna work with them again, or remember their names a day or two later.

can't begin to thank you and your team enough for the work you do. your profession is under the radar these days and the negative stuff dominates the news, but there is so much good that you and your mates do, and i wanted you to know that it's appreciated by so many of us.

p.s. cronuts suck. you need chocolate covered bavarian cream (and you have to eat one in my honor).

58 minutes ago, Tank said:

can't begin to thank you and your team enough for the work you do. your profession is under the radar these days and the negative stuff dominates the news, but there is so much good that you and your mates do, and i wanted you to know that it's appreciated by so many of us.

p.s. cronuts suck. you need chocolate covered bavarian cream (and you have to eat one in my honor).

Thanks, Tanker.

And it better not be like a chocolate made out of squash.

57 minutes ago, Tank said:

this is one of those sentences where intent can get overwhelmed by function.

but yeah, we all know what you meant. @EnglishCop, give our boy a break on this one, would ya? thanks.

Well, i meant it both ways.

When he was pulled out of the pig crap naked...i mean...we all thought...

1 hour ago, AngelsLakersFan said:

Post em in the Photo Club.

Will do. I didnt take these, but i was part of this group when it was all happening.

Felt like a movie. Adrenaline rush for sure. Like i said, seeimg those planew fly so low was rad. Those pilots are badasses

la-me-anaheim-hills-fire-pictures-043.jpg

la-me-anaheim-hills-fire-pictures-031.jpg

1010_nws_ocr_l_ahfire-051.jpg

la-me-anaheim-hills-fire-pictures-042.jpg

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/products/analysis_monitoring/enso_advisory/ensodisc.shtml

And of course, La Nina predicted for the winter months.    SMFH

Things that will happen before SoCal gets over 20 inches of rain in a full season:    Sabres win Stanley Cup, Browns win Super Bowl, and Sixers win their next NBA title.  

read a story earlier about a couple married some 55 years. they were renting a house for a weekend getaway with their son and his family. the fire woke them up and they got everyone out safely, but the road was a disaster and a fallen tree blocked the old couple so they retreated to the house even though it was on fire. they jumped into the pool and stayed there for six hours. husband's hands were burned from hanging onto the bricks on the side of the pool so they didn't drown. they survived so he left to go get help. ended up walking two miles but found police. they sent help but it was too late. wife had lung problems and all the smoke did her in (at least that what i surmised as the stupid article i was reading kept jumping back up to the top of the page, making me scroll back down time and time again - i finally gave up after they mentioned she had lung problems). tragic stuff.

also, one of the sister schools in my system, redwood adventist academy, was a complete loss. fire destroyed everything that wasn't made out of brick. their students (128 kids in a K-12 school) are meeting at the local adventist church to continue classes for immediate future. pretty devastating stuff. they're asking for donations to get through the rest of the year, and anyone interesting in supporting this can send me a PM. they need absolutely everything. no one was at the school when the fire hit, so all are safe.

Hey folks - I am not one to ask for help, but many people affected by these fires are f*cking screwed like they’ve never been screwed before. I mean it’s total devastation with every worldly thing lost and many are holding on by a thread.

A good friend of ours is running a donation and distribution center through her event planning company, and is spreading donations to other centers for people in need. My wife and I are going to do a massive shopping trip early tomorrow AM and fill up our cars as much as we can to get much needed supplies for families displaced by the fires.

We’ve been accepting donations with open arms, no matter how big or small. These are things we all take for granted and are non-glamourous but so needed - adult and baby diapers, baby wipes, socks and underwear, pillows and bedding, kids school supplies, pet food and supplies, etc. I mean just the essentials for life are massively needed right now.

If anyone here wants to donate, it is most gladly accepted. And nothing is too small - even $5 is a life saver for these people. If interested shoot me a PM and I can give you the Venmo/PayPal information. 

For anyone who donates - drinks until blackout on me. 

charles schultz, the author of charlie brown and snoopy, lived in santa rosa. though he died several years ago, his widow still lived there. she lost her home in the fire, and reportedly it was loaded with plenty of his original artwork. 

12 hours ago, mrwicked said:

Hey folks - I am not one to ask for help, but many people affected by these fires are f*cking screwed like they’ve never been screwed before. I mean it’s total devastation with every worldly thing lost and many are holding on by a thread.

A good friend of ours is running a donation and distribution center through her event planning company, and is spreading donations to other centers for people in need. My wife and I are going to do a massive shopping trip early tomorrow AM and fill up our cars as much as we can to get much needed supplies for families displaced by the fires.

We’ve been accepting donations with open arms, no matter how big or small. These are things we all take for granted and are non-glamourous but so needed - adult and baby diapers, baby wipes, socks and underwear, pillows and bedding, kids school supplies, pet food and supplies, etc. I mean just the essentials for life are massively needed right now.

If anyone here wants to donate, it is most gladly accepted. And nothing is too small - even $5 is a life saver for these people. If interested shoot me a PM and I can give you the Venmo/PayPal information. 

Good stuff. Shooting you a PM

17 hours ago, mrwicked said:

We are headed up to the fire areas now for supply runs and to help pass out items to families in need. A huge thanks to the folks who have kicked in funds, it is really a life saver. If anyone else wants to pitch in, and truly anything helps, PM me for info.