• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

3 minutes ago, cals said:

It really is amazing when you watch the MSM news and they skirt around the issue like everyone doesn’t see what’s plain as day in their faces.  

I sincerely believe that when Anderson Cooper goes home and is blowing his husband, he looks up mid slurp and says, “can you imagine if the n*ggers got their shit together?”

It’s only the ultimate homos like @Taylor that genuinely believe the “they’re not responsible for their actions” and “let’s ignore glaring statistics” nonsense.  

Yes every kc news outlet has a special section for the doorbell case. Blacks have murdered about 40 blacks since that shooting and each one gets a headline for for about an hour. The old white guy has been on tv more than all 100 metro killers combined.  They organized sit ins at the poor man’s house. Nobody ever volunteers to sit on Paseo or prospect ave for the cause. 

9 minutes ago, Kotchman said:

Yes every kc news outlet has a special section for the doorbell case. Blacks have murdered about 40 blacks since that shooting and each one gets a headline for for about an hour. The old white guy has been on tv more than all 100 metro killers combined.  They organized sit ins at the poor man’s house. Nobody ever volunteers to sit on Paseo or prospect ave for the cause. 

I’m honestly surprised it’s only 40.  

Look, I am not blind or insensitive to things.  I understand that historically things have been very difficult for the black community.  That goes without saying.  But slavery ended 150+ years ago.  Jim Crow laws ended 60+ years ago.  Despite contentions to the contrary, institutional racism essentially ended then as well.  

Around then blacks faced a society that still was an uphill battle for them, but honestly it was for most, if not all, poor people of any color.  Generally, instead of dealing with it, working hard and working their way into the middle class+, they embraced a culture they accepted crime and misogyny, placed hard work and education as “sell out” positions within the culture and embraced a position of a constant victim.  And the results 50 years later are not a surprise.  

And it’s also laughable that we’re no longer allowed to point to successful Asian and Latinos as evidence that systemic racism is not longer the problem.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/3/2023 at 1:28 PM, WicketMaiden said:

This is an interesting question and one that I have pondered and investigated. It isn't about the guns. Many other countries have more weapons per capita but a far lower murder rate. It is something else.

Culture? You have a strong culture of the individual, most other countries have more of a community focus. In Europe we have free health care and state pensions and state owned utilities in some places too, and we love it. We have an attitude that we are all in it together, whereas in the US you have more of an attitude that everything is down to you as an individual. This naturally breeds discontent among you in the US, and breeds social harmony in Europe.

Depression Medication? RFK Jr has some fantastic research showing the prevalence of SSRI's being taken by the people involved in these shootings. The US has an enormous problem with it - interesting article on SSRI's and other meds in the US here: https://bpr.berkeley.edu/2021/11/07/americas-epidemic-of-antidepressants/

I don't know what the answer is, but I do think those are two very relevant factors in your comparatively extreme levels of person to person violence.

Honestly @Taylor, I think you were born in the wrong country.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Taylor said:

Shooter has been killed. He's a retired police officer (go blue!) who started firing his gun because he was pissed at his wife.

I’m surprised more retired cops don’t do shit like this. Generally they off themselves instead. Lots of trauma doing that job. 

Edited by Jason