• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

7 minutes ago, Lou said:

I've said it before...

the only time I watch the news is on presidential election night, and that's for the laughs. I get my news from AW. I have no desire or interest in watching everything that's awful in the world. 

A good deal of wisdom and restraint in this imo. 

29 minutes ago, Lou said:

I've said it before...

the only time I watch the news is on presidential election night, and that's for the laughs. I get my news from AW. I have no desire or interest in watching everything that's awful in the world. 

I should follow your lead with this 

Just as suspected this kid’s family was all fucked up. 

Neighbor says gunman had fraught home life

Ruben Flores, 41, who lived next to Salvador Ramos and his mother, tried to be a kind of father figure to Ramos, who had ”a pretty rough life with his mom,” he said.

Ramos grew up living with his mother and his older sister in a home on Hood Street, in what Flores called a “quiet neighborhood.” Flores and his wife, Becky Flores, would invite Ramos to barbecues at their house and for sleepovers with their son, who was a few years younger.

Ramos was a quiet child, who went by the nickname “pelon,” Spanish for bald, because his hair was often cut so short when he was younger, Flores said. But as Ramos grew older, Flores said, problems at home became more acute and more apparent to neighbors. He said his son’s friendship with Ramos fizzled about four years ago. He described seeing police at the house and witnessing blowups between Ramos and his mother.

Ramos moved from the Hood Street home to his grandmother’s home across town a few months ago, Flores said. He said he last saw the grandmother on Sunday, when she stopped by the Hood Street property, which she also owned. She told him she was in the process of evicting Ramos’s mother, Flores said.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/nation/2022/05/24/school-shooting-uvalde-texas-updates/#link-PYBKXBTVKJDPBLNGZDGWOLKGDI

Ramos had hinted on social media that an attack could be coming, according to state Sen. Roland Gutierrez, who said he had been briefed by state police. He said that the gunman “suggested the kids should watch out” and that he had bought two “assault weapons” after turning 18.

https://fox5sandiego.com/news/national-news/texas-school-district-locked-down-amid-reports-of-shooter/?nxs_link=big-story_1_button&email=604675fc41dda4fc2d08f4f0a953cbd131bd2292&utm_source=Sailthru&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=Breaking News - KSWB - Breaking News - May 25%2C 2022%2C 1:10 pm UTC&utm_term=Breaking News

10 hours ago, Lhalo said:

They were shot not lit on fire. It’s a horrible situation but this is sensationalism. 

They were shot with 5.56 ammunition at close range. He had some 375 rounds on him according to some reports that I've seen. Who knows how many rounds he fired at these poor children and their teachers. Once he got into that classroom they didn't have a chance. Once again, it took a long time for police to get in there, much too long.