• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

I had a close call on Lake Mohave a few years ago. 3 boats sank trying to get back to shore. Sold the boat a couple years later, still keep an eye on the clouds whenever I am on a boat.

I don't disagree with this thread. We can and should make transportation safer. It's a leading cause of death in the US and it should be talked about alongside gun control. 

29 minutes ago, MuellerTime said:

I had a close call on Lake Mohave a few years ago. 3 boats sank trying to get back to shore. Sold the boat a couple years later, still keep an eye on the clouds whenever I am on a boat.

I don't disagree with this thread. We can and should make transportation safer. It's a leading cause of death in the US and it should be talked about alongside gun control. 

I think the last paragraph gave @Geoff a stiffy

49 minutes ago, MuellerTime said:

I'm not surprised that you don't disagree with this thread (since you created it).  But this thread is about guns.  I believe there's another thread about vehicles.

I went to the gun range today and test fired my. 30 Carbine Ruger Blackhawk after it went in for gunsmith work. I need to lower the sights it is shooting about 10" high. The scattering left and right is all my fault, I need a lot more practice. 

Later I had a chance to fire five rounds from my brother's 6mm BR. A real sweat setup for paper punching. At 200 yards with an 8 mph cross wind I was still able to keep a reasonable grouping. After the first finger jerk, not realizing how light his is set, I got the lower left grouping on his fourth generation loads.

The center target is his group on his sixth generation loads in the wind. He is obviously better at this. 

20180720_120552.jpg

4 hours ago, Jason said:

36 rounds from 3, 7 and 15 yards with a Glock 17. A little high from 15 yards. Practice does help

B11CA655-2B19-4598-9006-4ED600DF8981.jpeg

'Merica, fuck yeah! But who was the bozo that hit your target with the stray .22?

A couple weeks ago my brother is on the range working at 200 yards and some dipshit two benches over with a lever action misses his 100 yard target and takes out the bottom frame of my brothers stand. So he has to wait for the range break and when he goes out there to recover his targets there are .22 holes scattered all over it. 

Today we took the last two benches on the end and the nearest guy was three benches over shooting 200 yards. When we went out to check targets I looked over and that guy had clean paper, not a single hit. This is harder than it looks.

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

And for reference that small grouping of four on my target measured .889" or .424 moa with wind. I need to get serious about reloading like my brother is. Cheaper and much more accuracy.

Reloading is fun but you have to be really accurate with the powder. I have friends that reload and yes, much more accurate than the cheap factory stuff. Unfortunately many ranges will not allow people to use reloads

Hahahahahah. It was my brother's setup with a 36x40 T series and bench rest. He is all about accuracy and has fine tuned his 6mm Savage to the point he's thinking of entering some low key competitions. 

He has an engineers brain with tremendous concentration and able to live in a world where one grain of powder can be one too many or too little. He also weighs all of his bullets and sets aside any that are even slightly out of spec. His new obsession is neck sizing and bullet seat depth. 

I ran some rest loads a while back for my 25-06 and found the closer I was loading to maximum powder the more accurate that round became up until I pushed past the bullet weight. It likes a heavier bullet, 110-118 grain and a hot load. My shoulder likes the 6mm load more, less of a mule kick. 

One day I'll go back to reloading and start charting progress. Have too much else going on with work and trying to keep my Triumph Spitfire running right. 

You would be surprised how poorly people are with a hand gun at a target only 10 feet away. When it moves beyond 7 yards the ability to hit center mass (anything inside 9) for most novice drops considerably. Jason has really nice groupings and when that target hits 15 yards (45 feet away), that red bullseye is taken up by the sights so it is pretty easy to drift a little high. I can't match his grouping at 7 yards let alone 15. 

this is my favorite part of this entire thread:

18 minutes ago, Blarg said:

when that target hits 15 yards (45 feet away)

the fact that Blarg thought he needed to convert yards into feet is funny. we all know who his target audience was when he posted this -

image.jpeg

18 minutes ago, Lou said:

this is my favorite part of this entire thread:

the fact that Blarg thought he needed to convert yards into feet is funny. we all know who his target audience was when he posted this -

image.jpeg

That audience was you.