• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

14 minutes ago, hopkinsHalo said:

But CA guns laws HAVE stopped lots of gun deaths.

No doubt we need to sort out correlation vs causation when assessing that 67% statistic (demographics, economics, police policy, drug policy...all factors). 

<cough> Texas <cough>

4 minutes ago, hopkinsHalo said:

This is drivel. You should just man up, like Adam, and admit you care more about the supposed right to own weapons made for soldiering than you do about the lives it costs.

For instance, I'm willing to say as much about abortion: I care far more about the rights of every woman than I do about the "life" of the parasitic sea monkey she may not want to carry to term. 

You should not make assumptions, i dont even OWN one, i simply feel rights must be protected.  Its a slippery slope when we take things away without due process, even moreso when done for the wrong reasons. 
Its telling though that you went straight to this instead of actually looking at what i said. 

3 minutes ago, floplag said:

You should not make assumptions, i dont even OWN one, i simply feel rights must be protected.  Its a slippery slope when we take things away without due process, even moreso when done for the wrong reasons. 
Its telling though that you went straight to this instead of actually looking at what i said. 

Sorry...but you're confirming my assumption. Your concern is about the infringement of a right, personal freedoms, slippery slopes...all of that good stuff. I'm just saying it'd be more honest (and a stronger argument) to put the case that way than to insist gun laws don't reduce gun violence, since they obviously do reduce gun violence.

To those of us who think gun ownership is just about the most douchetastic feature of American cultural life, it's hard to understand why gun enthusiasts constantly have to doubt the facts rather than just stick to their principle. Adam's position is coherent (if a bit macabre); your reliance on disbelief in statistics makes it seem like you aren't really sure about the principle. (Sort of like all the pols pretending climate change isn't real rather just admitting they don't give a shit.)

19 minutes ago, hopkinsHalo said:

Sorry...but you're confirming my assumption. Your concern is about the infringement of a right, personal freedoms, slippery slopes...all of that good stuff. I'm just saying it'd be more honest (and a stronger argument) to put the case that way than to insist gun laws don't reduce gun violence, since they obviously do reduce gun violence.

To those of us who think gun ownership is just about the most douchetastic feature of American cultural life, it's hard to understand why gun enthusiasts constantly have to doubt the facts rather than just stick to their principle. Adam's position is coherent (if a bit macabre); your reliance on disbelief in statistics makes it seem like you aren't really sure about the principle. (Sort of like all the pols pretending climate change isn't real rather just admitting they don't give a shit.)

What would be more honest is for those who want more gun rights to be truthful about the reasons they want them, since it clearly has nothing to do with mass shootings and crime.  Again for proof see CA.  Stopping some kinds of shootings, such as accidental home injuries, is a far cry from stopping henous acts, and since the laws havent stopped that, you really should be talking to the pot mr kettle. 

There is nothing anyone will say to change your mind, and thats fine, but like most you simply toss out insults rather than facts  and get all emotional when discussion the issues.  See "douchetastic".  The thing is it really doesnt matter if you like it or dont, its a protected right, just like bias or other issues. 

Am i more concerned about rights than your opinion on the matter, yes, i am.  You start chopping up the constitution it MUST be done for the right reasons, see previous amendments discussed in this thread.  Not based on a false assumption that more laws save kids lives over mass shootings, thats the worst kind of connect the dots. 

1 hour ago, hopkinsHalo said:

Gun deaths in CA are down more than 60% since the early 90s.

There's no way all of that can be attributed to having Kamala Harris as DA, some of it has to be the gun laws. 

Gun deaths are down nationwide since the early 90's. Gun ownership is at an all time high. Obviously there are other factors (for California) that came into play like the 3 strikes law. A lot of idiots were locked up during the 90's. We are now releasing a lot of people as a result of AB 109, Props 47 and 57. I don't think it's a coincidence that violent crime in California has risen the past couple of years. 

http://www.sacbee.com/news/politics-government/capitol-alert/article167879952.html

https://www.americansecurityforce.com/violent-crime/

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

"I reached over the armrest to get my glove compartment and that’s when I fired at him once I got the gun from my glove compartment,"

Must be huge glove compartment to house an AR-15 with a 30 round mag.

8 hours ago, Tank said:

i'm not a gun guy, but i really don't have a problem with what she did in this case. glad it worked out favorably for her and her family.

16 hours ago, mtangelsfan said:

Yep, Tank.

I'm a big fan of the hypersensitive people in the Fox News comment section, though. Some of them live in a world where every last lib is coming to get every single gun. The hypnosis is strong.

1 hour ago, RallyMo said:

I'm a big fan of the hypersensitive people in the Fox News comment section, though. Some of them live in a world where every last lib is coming to get every single gun. The hypnosis is strong.

When there is:

1. Obviously a subset of liberals who do openly state their wish for all guns to be banned.
2.  The vast majority of the remaining population stating goals that could only be reasonably obtained via the banning of all firearms.

It isn't as outlandish as you'd imply. Granted I also am morbidly amused by the reality that it's most likely Trump that will fulfill this desire. Would love to see a chart, though I doubt one exists, that shows firearm purchasing trends by political affiliation. I do wonder if the left is stocking up, relatively speaking.

15 minutes ago, Thomas said:

When there is:

1. Obviously a subset of liberals who do openly state their wish for all guns to be banned.
2.  The vast majority of the remaining population stating goals that could only be reasonably obtained via the banning of all firearms.

It isn't as outlandish as you'd imply. Granted I also am morbidly amused by the reality that it's most likely Trump that will fulfill this desire. Would love to see a chart, though I doubt one exists, that shows firearm purchasing trends by political affiliation. I do wonder if the left is stocking up, relatively speaking.

Re: 1. Well, yeah.

Re: 2. All Libbbbbbbbsssss.

3. I thought Obama already took away all the guns.

3 hours ago, Thomas said:

If the Democratic party banned guns, they'd take away one of the few things that differentiates them from the Republican party. 

What if they used guns to abort babies? Everyone is happy then 

7 hours ago, RallyMo said:

Where's A25F to read and react to a comment when you want him to do it most?

I think he's like a WW2 Japanese soldier, barricaded in a bunker on some Pacific island ... still thinking the war is going on.  I'm not sure he realizes Obama isn't president anymore.

If he was smart, he could sell his bunker to Glen.  I think he needs a place to hide.