• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Las Vegas Shooting

2 hours ago, RallyMo said:

At the very least, we know that you'd capitalize letters correctly. It seems that @Tank gives no Fs about that sort of stuff. 

i capitalize all day long, every day. i've had enough, and this is my way of expressing myself. i'm also exercising my 29th amendment rights.

and @EnglishCop, when you read this, bite me.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

This dude had grandiose plans he was never going to accomplish. Do we know where his car was in relation to the hotel room? Maybe he thought he'd blow the tanerite up in his car?

No clue. Id imagine the parking structure, which is crazy they located ao quickly with all the cars there. Maybe they had a plate reader?

I heard they had shut down the airport briefly while it was happening, which makes sense because mandalay is right there. I flew into DC the day they had that navy yard shooting, and same thing happened (we got diverted). But just saw a press conference with Vegas fire. They said people had jumped the fences there and were hunkering down next to the runways because of the defilade. 

Just mass chaos.

8 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Las Vegas mass killer Stephen Paddock booked two hotel rooms overlooking the Lollapalooza music festival in Chicago this summer, according to a report Thursday.

Paddock specifically requested both rooms to have a sweeping view of Grant Park — about 500 yards away — but never showed up, sources told TMZ.

Among the 400,000 people who packed the venue in the Windy City was Malia Obama, 19, the former president’s older daughter.

http://nypost.com/2017/10/05/vegas-killer-booked-hotels-overlooking-lollapalooza-before-vegas-massacre/

That article also said that he tried to rent a room above the Life Is Beautiful fest in Vegas

With those reservations/reservation attempts, thus pop the bubbles of the internet detectives (such scumbags) suggesting that he targeted the country music fest since conservatives were likely to be in the audience. Those fests are lib magnets.

It seems that this guy just wanted to kill people.

He was a true monster.

10 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

No clue. Id imagine the parking structure, which is crazy they located ao quickly with all the cars there. Maybe they had a plate reader?

I heard they had shut down the airport briefly while it was happening, which makes sense because mandalay is right there. I flew into DC the day they had that navy yard shooting, and same thing happened (we got diverted). But just saw a press conference with Vegas fire. They said people had jumped the fences there and were hunkering down next to the runways because of the defilade. 

Just mass chaos.

Yes, the MGM properties have plate readers, at least on the extrances and exits.  My buddy showed it in action when I visited last time.  I believe it is tied to your players card, which would make sense since he's a high roller and gets comped parking.   So they might have had a good idea on what car he drove in with.

Las Vegas shooter booked hotel overlooking Lollapalooza, seen with mystery woman

This is what frightens me the most.  And what isn't being addressed at all by the repeal the 2nd people.

Jill Snyder, the special agent in charge at the U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, told "CBS This Morning" in an interview Wednesday that Paddock had been stockpiling firearms since 1982. He bought nearly 50 guns legally, she said, but none of those purchases set off any red flags for the ATF.

"From October 2016 to Sept. 28, 2017, he purchased 33 firearms, majority of them rifles," Snyder said. "We wouldn't get notified of the purchases of the rifles. We would only get notified if there was a multiple sale, which would be two or more handguns in an individual purchase."

I can see, 50 guns over 35 years not setting off red flags. But 33 guns in a 11 month period?  And they don't get notified because they were rifles?  And is assault style guns considered rifles?  More fingers should be pointed at the ATF for having such retarded policies.  

34 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Yes, the MGM properties have plate readers, at least on the extrances and exits.  My buddy showed it in action when I visited last time.  I believe it is tied to your players card, which would make sense since he's a high roller and gets comped parking.   So they might have had a good idea on what car he drove in with.

unrelated but they caught an arsonist out here in the san bernardino mountains using strategically located plate scanners that they deployed when they suspected a serial arsonist.  pretty effective, cool that they set it up so quickly.  just kept seeing the same plate near where a bunch of fires started.

10 hours ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Obviously not super important, but they havent said as of yet exactly what was in the room. We know he had a bunch of ARs, but at least from the pics we see, none show a really high cap mag. One has a 40 round mag (up from 30), but those first few bursts sounded more like drums (75-125 rounds).

Something else about the tanerite they found. Tanerite is an explosive kind of paint, almost. You can buy it, put it into something, then target shoot and blow up crap in the desert. You cant detonate unless you shoot it (i believe). Im wondering if he actually either had the time, or at least a plan, to place some of it somewhere he could shoot and blow stuff up.

THE AVIATION FUEL TANKS!

I shot an AR with a bump stock when I was in Idaho.  Granted I was a newb, but it was wildly inaccurate.  My buddy also was able to shoot an AR using the belt-loop trick.  You ever heard of that?

51 minutes ago, gotbeer said:

Las Vegas shooter booked hotel overlooking Lollapalooza, seen with mystery woman

This is what frightens me the most.  And what isn't being addressed at all by the repeal the 2nd people.

I can see, 50 guns over 35 years not setting off red flags. But 33 guns in a 11 month period?  And they don't get notified because they were rifles?  And is assault style guns considered rifles?  More fingers should be pointed at the ATF for having such retarded policies.  

Who are these repeal the 2nd people you refer to?

Better enforcement of existing policies will also help, though I wonder what the NRA would do if the Feds said they were going to start monitoring purchase habits to identify people buying multiple arms over a longer period of time.

Before just pointing fingers at ATF consider the fact that NRA de facto prohibited a full time director of the ATF for 7 plus years earlier this decade and has worked to reduce funding for the organization. 

1 hour ago, RallyMo said:

That article also said that he tried to rent a room above the Life Is Beautiful fest in Vegas

With those reservations/reservation attempts, thus pop the bubbles of the internet detectives (such scumbags) suggesting that he targeted the country music fest since conservatives were likely to be in the audience. Those fests are lib magnets.

It seems that this guy just wanted to kill people.

He was a true monster.

Exactly. No rhyme or reason, just an asshole.

My extemely amatuer profiling makes me think this was ego driven.

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

Whew. Only for high rollers. Im in the clear.

(Although im probably on the "this cheap shit just comes to the buffet" list).

1 hour ago, gotbeer said:

I think (dont know) that it doesnt flag because its more common than wed like to think. I imagine theres people who buy way more than this, then resale them. 

21 minutes ago, AngelsLongBall said:

THE AVIATION FUEL TANKS!

I shot an AR with a bump stock when I was in Idaho.  Granted I was a newb, but it was wildly inaccurate.  My buddy also was able to shoot an AR using the belt-loop trick.  You ever heard of that?

Yes. Thats what i was reffering to (belt loop). 

Bump stocks are fun, not going to lie. Like you said, inaccurate as hell. Really not practical because you run out of ammo so fast (which isnt cheap). But beyond that, an event like this shows why people shouldnt be allowed to purchase.

12 minutes ago, red321 said:

Who are these repeal the 2nd people you refer to?

Better enforcement of existing policies will also help, though I wonder what the NRA would do if the Feds said they were going to start monitoring purchase habits to identify people buying multiple arms over a longer period of time.

Before just pointing fingers at ATF consider the fact that NRA de facto prohibited a full time director of the ATF for 7 plus years earlier this decade and has worked to reduce funding for the organization. 

One of the things the NRA is constantly screaming about. As far as the Feds monitoring, whatever, not a big deal until they start acting and restricting without due process. Yes, these people should at least be on their radar. 

Watching the shucking and jiving from the white house presser right now in regards to bump stocks.

I still say as much as it should be talked about, high cap mags are far more of a problem.

Fun fact, for those interested. You can actually legally buy belt fed weapons....

If you currently own an ar-15, in california (with our tough gun laws, far more than most of the country), you can purchase a belt fed upper (legally) to place on the existing lower, then put a slide stock on it...cost you about 4Gs or so when all said and done. But awfterwards you in effect have a SAW (but probably doesnt jam as much as the SAW i used to carry)

4 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Yes. Thats what i was reffering to (belt loop). 

Bump stocks are fun, not going to lie. Like you said, inaccurate as hell. Really not practical because you run out of ammo so fast (which isnt cheap). But beyond that, an event like this shows why people shouldnt be allowed to purchase.

As probably the biggest 2nd Amendment (and apparently smallest penis) guy on this board, I agree with this. The bump stock's only purpose is to have some fun while shooting. It is a terrible idea for any self protection and you couldn't do any sort of competition with one. I'm fine with restricting them but California shows how wacky the anti gun crowd can get with what they think is dangerous on a gun. 

The one thing I never understood about the 2nd Amendment and how it's so freely applied today is, since when have we had a "well regulated militia" in this country? That was like 200+ years ago.

Isn't that what the founders were intending, not a Stephen Paddock bent on murdering innocent people being able to buy unlimited quantities of high-powered rifles.

Some bipartisan common sense legislation is in order to make our people safer from this sort of horror. It's not right, and not necessary for liberty, to have this mad proliferation of weapons to anyone and everyone who comes up with the money to buy them.

Edited by fan_since79

24 minutes ago, ten ocho recon scout said:

Watching the shucking and jiving from the white house presser right now in regards to bump stocks.

I still say as much as it should be talked about, high cap mags are far more of a problem.

Fun fact, for those interested. You can actually legally buy belt fed weapons....

If you currently own an ar-15, in california (with our tough gun laws, far more than most of the country), you can purchase a belt fed upper (legally) to place on the existing lower, then put a slide stock on it...cost you about 4Gs or so when all said and done. But afterwards you in effect have a SAW (but probably doesnt jam as much as the SAW i used to carry)

I'd have to imagine an AR's barrel couldn't handle the heat after more than a few dozen rounds.  My AR would practically glow in the dark after pulling the trigger 30 times fast back in the day

18 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

The one thing I never understood about the 2nd Amendment and how it's so freely applied today is, since when have we had a "well regulated militia" in this country? That was like 200+ years ago.

Isn't that what the founders were intending, not a Stephen Paddock bent on murdering innocent people being able to buy unlimited quantities of high-powered rifles.

Some bipartisan common sense legislation is in order to make our people safer from this sort of horror. It's not right, and not necessary for liberty, to have this mad proliferation of weapons to anyone and everyone who comes up with the money to buy them.

Here, ill throw you an even better argument. And it baffles me more people havent argued it.

The militia acts....there are 3. The most recent was in 1903 or so, which created the national guard (which is the militia). But the first 2...the second in particular is the gold...not only do they give the federal govt the power to use the militia against citizens (read up on the whiskey rebellion), but it also gives rhe federal govt the power to dictate exactly what the citizens can pack.

In fact, per the constitution, with as much validity as the 2cd ammendment, is clearly stated every able bodied male shall own a musket with a specific amount of ammo.

We also, per the constitution, are supposed to own coon skin caps (which was the uniform). Lastly, some of us have to be drummers.

This is as much part of the constitution as any other part of it.

Its a salad, not a salad bar...we dont get to pick and choose the parts we want.

Im a gun owner, and support the right for people to own guns (everyone should have the right to defend their home from an intruder, hunt, etc). But the resistance to common sense regulation baffles me.

27 minutes ago, Jason said:

As probably the biggest 2nd Amendment (and apparently smallest penis) guy on this board, I agree with this. The bump stock's only purpose is to have some fun while shooting. It is a terrible idea for any self protection and you couldn't do any sort of competition with one. I'm fine with restricting them but California shows how wacky the anti gun crowd can get with what they think is dangerous on a gun. 

Hey, slow your roll homeboy. If we havent met in person, dont just assume your dick is smaller than mine.

Wait, thats not what i meant.