• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

We Don't Have A Clubhouse Leader

I'm sick and tired of those of you that claim no one is at fault except the players are underperforming, therefore, do nothing. It's not Sosh's fault, not Butcher's fault, it wasn't Hatcher's fault last year. Why have a coaching staff if they don't share in any of the blame?

Someone needs to get the ax for this pattern the team has. Terribly slow starts, no sense of urgency, no one willing to accept blame for their part, player or coach.

why would a clubhouse for a team that is struggling in nearly every aspect of the game have a lively clubhouse? Seriously. I'd be pissed if they were lively and whoopin it up. These guys are coming off of loss after loss and you think their clubhouse is going to be full of life. It's depressing for them too.

That's what you got out of that comment??  Who said anything about "whoopin it up" after a loss?  Duran is saying there's no emotion whatsoever.  No anger, frustration, or whoopin it up as you say.  They simply come in, do their work, and leave.

I'm sick and tired of those of you that claim no one is at fault except the players are underperforming, therefore, do nothing. It's not Sosh's fault, not Butcher's fault, it wasn't Hatcher's fault last year. Why have a coaching staff if they don't share in any of the blame?

Someone needs to get the ax for this pattern the team has. Terribly slow starts, no sense of urgency, no one willing to accept blame for their part, player or coach.

nice strawman

So what.? Seriously what do you expect people yelling and throwing things? Perhaps crying? Teams on losing streaks have sullen Club houses.

I don't expect anything out of the norm, and from the sound of it, this clubhouse sounds dead, and that's unusal for any clubhouse regardless if they're losing.

"I'm sick and tired of those of you that claim no one is at fault except the players are underperforming, therefore, do nothing. It's not Sosh's fault, not Butcher's fault, it wasn't Hatcher's fault last year. Why have a coaching staff if they don't share in any of the blame?

Someone needs to get the ax for this pattern the team has. Terribly slow starts, no sense of urgency, no one willing to accept blame for their part, player or coach."

---------------

No one is saying to do nothing.  They need to act strategically, and with some plan, not out of emotion and trying to punish someone.  Put a plan together, execute it, and do it at the absolute best time.  To react just because fans are emotionally frustrated is stupid.  Everything should be reviewed carefully, and discussed thoroughly.  Change will occur, but right now is a silly time in my opinion to make changes because the alternatives are slim.  All you will do is make more mistakes, and probably some that will ensure failure for even longer than we all want to endure. 

LT, do you ever and I mean ever, really discuss baseball on here? Or do you only discuss others flawed logic? I ask because while I agree with you quite a bit, I almost never agree with your approach.

yes Stradling I do, often in fact and you know full well that is true.

If you don't agree with my approach, so be it. 

I could understand that self opinion if maybe one or two people mention it to you. However when you are constantly called out for your approach I would think you'd look in the mirror and ask yourself if you might have some social issues on here.

lol. I am well aware that some don't like my style stradling. Frankly I don't care. I don't care for many of their styles either. Now if you would like to address personal matters like my style or your opinion of me, may I suggest you take it offline to a PM? It doesn't belong in a thread.

Well I thought it belonged here every bit as much as things like your Strawman posts you make daily. But if you'd like to discuss it further you can send me a PM. However, if you won't adhere to xbooms request I see no reason to follow your request.

really? Because my strawman comment(s) had (have) to do with something someone posted on the subject, not the poster personally. Your comments have nothing to do with the topic and everything to do with your personal evaluation of me. 

There is zero reason to adhere to xboom's request. This is a public forum where everyone is free to respond to anyone else's posts so long as they do so within the guidelines of the message board. 

I will not respond to you further on this in this thread. This is not the place for this kind of discussion.

A leader in sports doesn't have to necessarily have to be someone who calls guys out, doesn't have to be someone who went to college for leadership training, doesn't even have to be a guy having a stellar season. A good leader in baseball knows how to keep the energy up. Someone who can create unity. i mean look at the giants. Hunter Pence has been their leader. Last year Pence came to the giants half way through the season and only hit like .220 for them but it was him giving speeches before every game getting them fired up all the way through to a world series championship.

Torii did this for the angels. Sure they didn't get very far and in 2010 didn't even have a .500 record, but they never looked this pathetic. Leading the league in errors, tied for the worst start in angels history, and just looking like a minor league team trying to make it in the big leagues. Maybe Howie can step up, I don't really see anyone else that would fit the role. If Mike Trout weren't so young he could. Either way they would still be losing a ton of games.

And to everyone saying that Torii Hunter being a leader is just speculation, Mike Trout and Howie Kendrick have both been quoted about his great leadership and infectious personality. Its not some mystery, it was pretty obvious. More so last year, especially once Trout came in. He was a fan favorite and a leader in the clubhouse.

doesn't have to be. Just wondering where you glean your perspective on what a normal clubhouse looks like for a team embroiled in a month long + struggle to win games.

But it always is with you, LT.  I say none, then you ask me ^^^^^^^^^^^, and it continues on because you always have to get the last word in.  Sorry, but you're going to have to find someone else to play with.

nice strawman

Why not argue which points you don't agree with in his post, and state your reasons for disagreeing with them? A "strawman" doesn't inherently end the argument just because you called it as such.

It makes for a much more pleasant conversation and thread if you respond in a respectful manner. If a post is so flawed to the point that it's not worth arguing with, then simply don't respond to it. A one-liner about the logic in a multi-paragraph post adds absolutely nothing to the discussion.