• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Red Sox caught stealing signs from an Apple watch?

Chuck

13 hours ago, totdprods said:

I thought I saw Valbuena...maybe Andrus?.... on an ipad the other day watching the Angels/Rangers broadcast and thought it was a little weird

Teams have iPads with a program called "MLB Dugout", which has proprietary info, advance scouting, stats,  etc. 

Provided to each team by the good people at Apple. 

23 minutes ago, zenmaster said:

Can someone explain to me how you use an Apple Watch to effectively cheat? I don't see how they can get the sign and relay it to the batter within less than a second or so. 

Maybe the app vibrates a certain way depending on the suspected pitch type?

15 minutes ago, zenmaster said:

So the guy in the dugout knows what pitch is coming after the catcher gives the signal. How does the guy in the dugout relay this to the batter in the next 1 second or so?

Unsure. Probably be someone in the organization spying from the outfield I'd think. They didn't really give details. No idea if it worked well or not.

18 hours ago, ukyah said:

i'm sorry, but how are the yankees and red sox becoming less relevant?

This year is more relevant, but in general they have been trending downwards in recent years (see: https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/the-red-sox-yankees-rivalry-hasnt-mattered-this-much-in-a-decade/ ). Yet, their rivalry is still treated as the end all in baseball. The reality is, both of these teams kinda seem past their prime. MAYBE they are beginning a resurgence now, but who knows - and, even if they do, it seems unlikely that they will ever have the stranglehold on baseball that they once did.

For sure not irrelevant, but...less central than it once was. Starts shifting the rivalry from great to petty, imo.