• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2017 College Football

Lou

Fulmer is a total piece of work.   Hey Fulmer, just because Peyton Manning fell in your lap and thus led the way to a nat'l title while you were coaching Tennessee, doesn't give you the right to be a total and unmitigated asshole.    By the way, that 8-7 bowl game record is not exactly stellar. 

And you haven't said Thank You yet to UCLA and K-State for choking that last weekend, allowing you to even get to coach in the 1998 nat'l title game.  

1 hour ago, nate said:

Some reports that Taggert is a done deal, they will announce after the game Sat or Sun.

Sumlin maybe?  Nike has the money but a lot of the coaches have been hired already.

Taggart is a great fit at Florida State. 

If he takes his staff (sans Leavitt) they have a lot of ties to recruiting down there already 

as for Oregon . Little chance you convince frost to come back with Nebraska open. 

Ive always liked Norvell but I’m sure he’s waiting for Arkansas (played at central Arkansas) . 

Sumlin. I guess? 

1 hour ago, Angel Oracle said:

Fulmer is a total piece of work.   Hey Fulmer, just because Peyton Manning fell in your lap and thus led the way to a nat'l title while you were coaching Tennessee, doesn't give you the right to be a total and unmitigated asshole.    By the way, that 8-7 bowl game record is not exactly stellar. 

And you haven't said Thank You yet to UCLA and K-State for choking that last weekend, allowing you to even get to coach in the 1998 nat'l title game.  

Btw Peyton going to Tennesse and not Ole Miss was all Cuttcliffe 

fulmer got his way. Throwing lots of people under the bus in the mean time 

23 minutes ago, nando714 said:

Taggart is a great fit at Florida State. 

If he takes his staff (sans Leavitt) they have a lot of ties to recruiting down there already 

as for Oregon . Little chance you convince frost to come back with Nebraska open. 

Ive always liked Norvell but I’m sure he’s waiting for Arkansas (played at central Arkansas) . 

Sumlin. I guess? 

Yeah I was saying Sumlin maybe for Oregon.  Norvell is a good call too, I think Leach might go to Arkansas.

8 hours ago, RallyMo said:

From what I've read, he's been completely sabotaged the whole way. That's pretty uncool.

People who follow such things say that the Tennessee AD was one of the hottest commodities around when he was hired. Now, less than a year later, he is gone due to internal politics in Knoxville.

What a total shit show.

5 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Manning didn't win a title, Tee Martin did. 

Fulmer is a piece of shit. When he was an assistant under Johnny Majors in 1992, he angled to be named head coach while Majors was recovering from heart surgery, telling Tenn that Clemson was interested in him being their HC. He also told administrators that the players were planning a revolt if he wasn't named HC. Majors heard about this and attempted to come back early against his doctor's recommendation. He came back, the Vols lost 3 straight, and Fulmer got his wish.  

Majors is still bitter about this. 

On November 26, 2017 at 7:43 PM, Vegas Halo Fan said:

This is why offense was so important in this hire. Bear in mind that this was after four years of horrible offense under Will Muschamp, and after the current staff had three years to assemble and prepare a team (and the two previous years were in the same neighborhood). These are final NCAA offensive rankings for the 2017 season for the once high-powered Florida Gators.

Total offense - 335.9 YPG (111/129)

Passing offense – 179.5 YPG (100/129)

Pass completion percentage - .558 (93/129)

Rushing offense – 156.4 YPG (78/129)

Scoring offense – 22.1 PPG (108/129)

First downs offense – 185 (122/129)

Third down conversion percentage - .325 (113/129)

Sacks allowed – 37 (123/129)

Tackles for loss allowed – 73 (105/129)

That was my point. If I'm remembering correctly, your offense was very good under Mullen.