• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2017 College Football

Lou

4 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Absolute bottom of the list. By the time that he is gone, Florida's time as a national player will be such a distant memory that they will be hiring MAC coordinators.

Shit.

I think it is a strong hire, he is a good coach

17 minutes ago, nate said:

I think it is a strong hire, he is a good coach

He has been on the Florida staff. We're not totally unaware of him. Both he and his wife have had a number of derogatory things to say about the university and the fan base, one of many things that makes this a curious hire at best. In a recent radio interview with a station in Mississippi, Mullen's wife said that she was afraid to go to the grocery store in Gainesville if Florida scored less than 40 points, and that she drove to Orlando to go shopping.

Our AD squandered a four-week head start screwing around with Chip Kelly, and now we get Dan Mullen - he of the 2-15 record against ranked opponents.

2 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

He has been on the Florida staff. We're not totally unaware of him. Both he and his wife have had a number of derogatory things to say about the university and the fan base, one of many things that makes this a curious hire at best.

Our AD squandered a four-week head start screwing around with Chip Kelly, and now we get Dan Mullen - he of the 2-15 record against ranked opponents.

Just curious who else you would prefer.  IMO Mullen is the second best option behind Kelly.  Maybe Frost but he played at Nebraska, I think he is a lock to go there.

4 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

Absolute bottom of the list. By the time that he is gone, Florida's time as a national player will be such a distant memory that they will be hiring MAC coordinators.

Shit.

You wanted offense . . .   

sorry. 

3 minutes ago, Lou said:

What a crazy week for coaches in CFB.

So what's the story with Taggart? Why would there even be rumors of him  leaving Oregon after one year? 

I believe that it was just idle sportswriter speculation after the Florida job came open. Taggart went on record as saying that he is committed to Oregon - as he should be.

1 hour ago, nate said:

UT backs out of Schiano hire amid protests, lol.  That university is a bigger mess than UCLA normally is.

Apparently word got out that Schiano possibly played a part in covering up the Jerry Sandusky child sex allegations at Penn State - an allegation that I had not heard before.

Sources: Tennessee backs out of Greg Schiano hiring after campus protests

i?img=%2Fphoto%2F2017%2F1126%2Fr295003_809x455_16%2D9.jpg&w=570

2 hours ago, Lou said:

You wanted offense . . .   

sorry. 

This is why offense was so important in this hire. Bear in mind that this was after four years of horrible offense under Will Muschamp, and after the current staff had three years to assemble and prepare a team (and the two previous years were in the same neighborhood). These are final NCAA offensive rankings for the 2017 season for the once high-powered Florida Gators.

Total offense - 335.9 YPG (111/129)

Passing offense – 179.5 YPG (100/129)

Pass completion percentage - .558 (93/129)

Rushing offense – 156.4 YPG (78/129)

Scoring offense – 22.1 PPG (108/129)

First downs offense – 185 (122/129)

Third down conversion percentage - .325 (113/129)

Sacks allowed – 37 (123/129)

Tackles for loss allowed – 73 (105/129)