• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2017 College Football

Lou

51 minutes ago, Tank said:

These games should be played in September, not November. That's my issue with them. Scheduling them for NOW is what Blarg is talking about with essentially a practice game.

Ohio State and USC played conference games yesterday. Big difference.

They shouldn't ever be played unless it's an exhibition game before the season starts.

23 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

The issue is that these cannon fodder schools are lining up for the paychecks that they get from these games. It is a big chunk of their athletic budget. That is why you see Wofford, The Citadel, Charleston Southern and other teams of that ilk signing up for these games.

In 2016, Eastern Washington beat Wazzu

Richmond beat Virginia

North Dakota St beat Iowa

Northern Iowa beat Iowa St

This year, Troy beat LSU

3 hours ago, Tank said:

These games should be played in September, not November. That's my issue with them. Scheduling them for NOW is what Blarg is talking about with essentially a practice game.

Ohio State and USC played conference games yesterday. Big difference.

Read my comment re: Power 5 battles vs tough conference foes. Yes, Ohio St was mentioned. Yeah, they had a real slugfest yesterday. 

You also have to remember that not a lot of top teams want to schedule a team like Alabama. 

Sometimes it's a scheduling issue. I believe that most schools would prefer to play the games early in the season,  when they are breaking in new players and sometimes even new offensive and defensive schemes. However, that is not always when both schools have open spots on the schedule. Alabama has played games like this  before, but I don't ever recall one falling the week before the Auburn game. It seemed like there were a lot of games like that this week (Florida State-Delaware State, Alabama-Mercer, Clemson-Citadel, etc.). Another possible factor (although I don't know if this was the case with some of last weekend's games) is that hurricanes caused several games to be either rescheduled of canceled. Florida was supposed to play Northern Colorado early in the season, but it was decided to simply cancel the game and pay the school the money that they were promised, because there wasn't a date on either school's schedule that would have worked for rescheduling it. Florida will only play 11 games this year (I'm assuming that no bowl invitation is coming - or at least I hope not).

On ‎11‎/‎19‎/‎2017 at 2:01 PM, Lou said:

In 2016, Eastern Washington beat Wazzu

Richmond beat Virginia

North Dakota St beat Iowa

Northern Iowa beat Iowa St

This year, Troy beat LSU

I still kick myself over LB State nearly beating UCLA (17-23 loss) in 1984 at the Rose Bowl.   Two INT's in or near the goal line late prevented the upset from being completed.   Not to mention leading Oregon 17-7 going into the 4th quarter before losing a week earlier, and being tied with UofA until the last minute of play two weeks after the UCLA game.    So many near PAC-10 opponent misses for LB State in September 1984.  

Hard to believe, but the Big West actually played decent football at one time.   That same 1984 season, both Fullerton State and UNLV cracked the Top 25 rankings. 

9 minutes ago, Lou said:

UCF vs S. Florida is one of the best games of the year.

I just watched this. What a finish. Tomorrow I get to watch Florida and Florida State, which should be the antithesis of this game. The nation's #108 and #109 offenses squaring off. USF and UCF probably scored more points in the first quarter than we will see in this entire game.

15 minutes ago, nando714 said:

@Lou

the great sec with a few job openings 

arky 

Ole Miss 

florida 

tennesse 

florida 

texas A&M (If reports are true)

possibly Auburn if Malzahn goes to

possibky missisippi State if Mullen bolts 

Mullen just signed an extension 

where the hell is Malzhan going? 

I like how nando listed Florida twice 

reports also have Taggart being interested in Ole Miss and MacIntyre in both Ole Miss and Tennessee.

btw, I don't see how the sec having job openings is a bad thing. To me, it shows that they don't accept mediocrity. 

52 minutes ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

There is a rumor that he may be interested in the vacant Arkansas job. He was a long time assistant there.

I forgot he came from Arkansas. That being said, if he were to leave Auburn for Arky, you can't count that as two job openings

*not you personally 

17 hours ago, Lou said:

Why would Malzhan give a crap about women's softball and men's basketball? 

I don't recall a big-time football coach ever leaving because of other sports being under investigation, especially one involving women. 

Well their AD was fired so I guess it’s a big deal