• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

2017 College Football

Lou

9 hours ago, nando714 said:

There is no dominate team this year 

even Alabama looks human and Hurts hasn’t taken that next step as a passer imo 

why was MSU playing man cover 1 or even 0 against Hurts that last drive ? To quick slants and that was it 

1. I agree

2. I couldn't disagree more

3. They played how they always play - aggressively on defense. They blitzed Hurts and he made them pay.

Edited by Lou

3 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Smart hire for Florida, VHF will be pleased.

Still trying to figure out the Domers and Georgia.    Domers blow out USC, get blown out by Miami.    Georgia goes unbeaten including a win at ND, until Auburn trashes them.   

CFB.

Best sport ever. 

1 hour ago, Lou said:

1. Alabama

2. Clemson

3. Miami

4. Oklahoma

5. Wisconsin

6. Auburn

7. Georgia

southern cal stays at 11

Don’t understand how Penn State jumped 4 spots and over usc after beating Rutgers while usc covered the spread on the road ?

i can understand Ohio State beating a top 15 team but they have a even worse loss on the road to Iowa (unranked) than usc who loss to 2 top 15 teams on the road. 

6 hours ago, Angel Oracle said:

Smart hire for Florida, VHF will be pleased.   

The down side: This is not a source that I recognize as typically having inside information on Florida football, and this guy could just be blowing air out of his ass to increase his following on Twitter. The price seems awfully cheap for a guy with Kelly's resume.

Their main target was believed to be Scott Frost, a Kelly disciple who has rescued Central Florida from the ashes. The Golden Knights are currently unbeaten, two years removed from the 0-12 season they had the year before Frost arrived. He had them in a bowl game last season. He is a Nebraska alumnus, and he is rumored to be interested in the Huskers job if it comes open - which seems to be a formality at this point.

Florida's main problem for the past seven years has been a total lack of production and creativity on offense. There is no questioning Kelly's offensive credentials in the college game. If true, this is exactly the kind of home run hire that they need for the offensive side of the ball. If Kelly is smart - and I have no reason to believe that he isn't - he will keep two or three members of the current staff who have been able to recruit Florida well even for a dismal offensive team like Jim McElwain's. He also needs a solid defensive coordinator, because recruiting on that side of the ball has been sliding for the past three years.

Kelly ought to announce at his initial press conference that he has found offensive coordinator Doug Nussmeier a job selling cars for CarMax: Fixed price, fixed commission, no thinking required. He has shown all of the requisite skills - plus he has the distinction of getting the last two head coaches he has worked for fired, and never breaking #100 nationally in total offense for five consecutive years at two different schools (but then, who could recruit and develop offensive talent at Michigan and Florida?). Why Jim McElwain brought this idiot in when he was tasked with fixing the offense is anyone's guess.

19 hours ago, nando714 said:

i can understand Ohio State beating a top 15 team but they have a even worse loss on the road to Iowa (unranked) than usc who loss to 2 top 15 teams on the road. 

simple answer: we're better than you.

pfft!

As I rather suspected, the guy who reported the Chip Kelly hiring at Florida is full of excrement. Nothing on the major sports outlets, and more significantly, nothing on the university's official athletic website about any press conference or announcement for tomorrow.

They may well sign Kelly, but you won't hear about it at 11 AM Eastern tomorrow.

FFS Alabama, you assholes. 10-0 they scheduled an extra Bye week of sorts by taking on a helpless FCS team Mercer that is a .500 team in their own conference. 

This shit has to end. If you are running one of the top football programs in the nation you don't get to play these teams to rest up and run practice scrimages. 

This is not sportsmanship.

lol 

but Clemson playing THE Citadel is cool. Btw, THE Citadel lost to Mercer by 10 points a month ago.  Oh, look at that - Florida St just beat Delaware St 77-6. 

And we all know playing a team in your conference is always a battle. You know, like An Ohio St having to go to war with THE Fighting Illini, who are 0-7 in conference. 

Or how about Oklahoma having to take on conference power Kansas, and their 1-9 record ?  (their win being vs Southeastern Missouri State in Week 1)

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

10-0 they scheduled an extra Bye week of sort

Uh, they didn't schedule this game after they beat Miss State last week. 

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

taking on a helpless FCS team Mercer that is a .500 team in their own conference. 

southern cal is playing a team today that is under .500 in their conference 

This topic is as fresh as an offseason Pujols thread. I look forward to reading about it again in twelve months. And, yes, I'm serious. It makes me chuckle. 

image.jpeg

4 hours ago, Blarg said:

FFS Alabama, you assholes. 10-0 they scheduled an extra Bye week of sorts by taking on a helpless FCS team Mercer that is a .500 team in their own conference. 

This shit has to end. If you are running one of the top football programs in the nation you don't get to play these teams to rest up and run practice scrimages. 

This is not sportsmanship.

The issue is that these cannon fodder schools are lining up for the paychecks that they get from these games. It is a big chunk of their athletic budget. That is why you see Wofford, The Citadel, Charleston Southern and other teams of that ilk signing up for these games.

19 hours ago, Vegas Halo Fan said:

The issue is that these cannon fodder schools are lining up for the paychecks that they get from these games. It is a big chunk of their athletic budget. That is why you see Wofford, The Citadel, Charleston Southern and other teams of that ilk signing up for these games.

These games should be played in September, not November. That's my issue with them. Scheduling them for NOW is what Blarg is talking about with essentially a practice game.

Ohio State and USC played conference games yesterday. Big difference.