• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

The Officially Official 2017 ... errr ... 2018 Denver Broncos Thread

Spirit

Last year AFC west was the best division in football and if the season ended today 8 teams would be in the playoffs that didn't make it last year.  Denver is terrible on offense and special teams while the defense has faltered and I think some of that is due to the fact that they've gotten no help from the offense.  Shaping up to be a deep QB draft so maybe they don't take one first round but they definitely need to draft or sign one and continue to beef up the O-line.  Obviously QB is the most important position on the field but you have to win the battles in the trenches and they haven't been doing that on offense for a few years.

• 3 weeks later...

Initial reports are that Joseph will be back as the head coach next year.  I'm kind of mixed on that one because I don't think he deserves all the blame but they took a step back on both offense and defense this year.  The defense has carried them for a few years and when the offense is terrible I don't blame the defense for faltering but still not something you like to see.  Looking at Elway's last few drafts they've whiffed on some picks and can't afford to do that this year if they want to compete in the next few years.  Real curious to see what they do with the 5 pick and what they're thinking about at QB next year.  There's a lot of Qb's who would be an improvement that can be had via FA but any one they bring in is going to need the pieces around them to succeed and of course the question is how much do you spend at QB knowing that.   

As would I.  Some of the updated mock drafts with the first 20 picks set have shown them taking Josh Allen, Sam Darnold and Saquon Barkley.  Allen is a raw prospect who will take time to develop, Darnold I just don't trust and if you take a RB that early he needs to be the 3 down Gurley/Elliott back or else it's a wasted pick when you can grab someone else later.  At 5 they could have their pick of the top tackle or even guard which isn't a sexy pick but teams that dominate the trenches are the one's you see year after year in the playoffs. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'll definitely take 2-1 but it's one of those cases where they could just as easily be 0-3.  The pass defense is average to bad and for the most part yesterday they got dominated in the trenches.  Keenum is better than what they had last year but he is what he is and obviously isn't any kind of long term answer.  Their big name players (Miller, Harris Jr., Thomas, Sanders) are all 29 or older and the team feels like they're in a transition period while they need some of the younger guys to continue to develop.  I really don't think Joseph is the answer at coach as the team doesn't seem prepared some of the time while he makes some questionable calls.  I'm hoping they just finish ahead of Oakland in the division because KC and SD (if Bosa gets healthy) should easily end up taking the top 2 spots barring big injuries.  

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/23/2018 at 5:09 PM, W.E. Baxter Author said:

I'm a Broncos Fan now living in Colorado Springs. Today was not a good day for the Broncos (9/23/18--Denver Broncos 14; Baltimore Ravens 27). The Broncos are 2 and 1 this season so far. That's the good news!

welcome! we have a big broncos fan in @Geoff. he has a couple of dedicated bronco outfits he likes to wear. you should look for him if you're ever at a game. here he is. maybe you've seen him.

IMG_0031.JPG

IMG_2928.JPG

They gave up over 500 yards of offense and 342 of that came on a total of 18 touches as Crowell had 15 carries for 219 yards and Anderson had 3 catches for 123 yards.  Giving up 500 yards is never good but if that happens against an offense like the Rams/Patriots/Chiefs that's one thing but to the Jets who have a rookie QB it's flat out terrible.  I watched all of yesterday's game and they just look like an unprepared team who is deflated and Wolfe's comments after the game confirmed that.  The defense was the only reason they were mildly competitive the last few years and now between guys getting older, trades and just not having the same level of skill they really don't have much going for the franchise.  The entire coaching staff needs to go and they need to find their QB of the future in the draft.  If they end up with another turd like Lynch the franchise is going to be set back another 3-5 years.      

• 3 weeks later...

So I caught the end of yesterdays game thanks to a free weekend of NFL red zone.  The offense gets the ball down there to Houston's 32 yard line after a 5 yard pass play, run 30 seconds off the clock while running a single run play that loses a yard and they use the last time out to stop the clock.  I understand being hesitant to throw the ball for fear of turning it over but why not take a shot at the sideline after the 5 yard play?  If it's incomplete the clock stops and even if the guy gets brought down in bounds you have the time out.  Just seemed like poor play calling when you had a chance to make it a shorter FG try.

Today I heard that D. Thomas made a comment about the Broncos losing saying "that's what they do."  Really kind of rubbed me the wrong way considering his tenure with them seemed to more or less go pretty well.  He got paid, won a ring, was a stud for some years and the fans appreciated him even though he was declining and dropped passes the last few years.  They traded him to a team who should make the playoffs instead of just cutting him next year and it benefited both teams.  I don't live in Denver and listen to their sports radio or hear everything that goes on but just seemed like one of those situations where nothing needed to be said.  Oh well.    

Your first paragraph is what I think about. I think the Broncos have poor talent more than poor coaching, but there seems to be so many times or issues where you wonder how or why they let the other team score, march down the field, not make the right offensive play call per situation, or just use the right weapons. They look to be a team that fails and Joseph gets the axe at the end of the year.