• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Predict one player

18 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

...Sit AP -- tell him to get in the weightless pool and lose weight and get healthier... if he needs to be romanced, tell him he's too important a part of their future to have him risk further injury in a lost season.. Whatever..  I don't want another story about his needing another surgery.....

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRkL4t6ixiz1lAAr2KTkqL

AP:  No, no and hell to the no....don't make me call Arte...

57 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

I think we are trending towards nothing special -- it's been a weird weird trade deadline so far.   I think the Tigers really shot everyone in the knee when they sold low on Martinez or maybe teams finally have figured out that the most valuable commodity in MLB is young talent...  

Once the deadline passes the best they can hope for is for all the injured SPs to come up pitch well and prove healthy....   That and good performances from young players...   

Play Trout everyday..   Play Simmons everyday...  Play Cron everyday...   Play Cowart everyday...    Call up Perez and have him DH if they need to but just get him at bats -- let him prove he's more than a SLC creation..  whats the worse thing that could happen?  he ups his trade value?   Sit AP -- tell him to get in the weightless pool and lose weight and get healthier... if he needs to be romanced, tell him he's too important a part of their future to have him risk further injury in a lost season.. Whatever..  I don't want another story about his needing another surgery.   Call up Cesar Puello -- throw him into LF and play him everyday...   Neither Revere nor Maybin need any help in obtaining their next contracts -- they are known quantities, Puello is not..  so let's see if he's viable even if it's just as a 4th OFer...

What health issue is Albert suffering from. His Plantars Fasciitis problems were all fixed to my knowledge. 

1 hour ago, ettin said:

I'll throw out some names I think are possible: Brad Miller, Ildemaro Vargas, Cesar Hernandez, Mark Zagunis, Brandon Belt, Dee Gordon, Daniel Norris, Chance Sisco, Francisco Mejia, Austin Hays, Cedric Mullins, Jonathan Villar, Joe Panik, Chih-Wei Hu, Yonny Chirinos, Michael Chavis, Mauricio Dubon, Ryan McMahon, and Tony Kemp among many. To be clear it will probably be only one, maybe two of these names if we are buyers. If we are sellers it may be 2-4 names we acquire (speaking in general terms).

If I had to put money down I'd say Yonny Chirinos is probably the best bet at this moment in time.

So many words to convince yourself, it seems, on one name. 

1 minute ago, ettin said:

Was watching that at about 1:30am last night.... :D

From a purely baseball and a quirky, weird, strange baseball player individual player realness..Especially Minor League Independent Ball wise..A bunch of nut cases..SPOT ON!... It was probably one of the most accurate depictions of different guys and attitudes that make up a team.... A bunch of us would laugh and point out who was who in the movie. There always seemed to be more Roger Dorn's (Not rich ex-pro's, just pussies) than grinders.....HA!   

Just now, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

From a purely baseball and a quirky, weird, strange baseball player individual player realness..Especially Minor League Independent Ball wise..A bunch of nut cases..SPOT ON!... It was probably one of the most accurate depictions of different guys and attitudes that make up a team.... A bunch of us would laugh and point out who was who in the movie. There always seemed to be more Roger Dorn's (Not rich ex-pro's, just pussies) than grinders.....HA!   

Have you checked out Everybody Wants Some yet?  It's the follow up to Dazed and Confused -- revolves around baseball.

9 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

its Def on Prime and I believe Hulu -- might be on Netflix too.    Give it a look, youll get a kick out of it

Oh crap..... Here is the intro for it.... In 1980, a group of college baseball players navigate their way through the freedoms and responsibilities of unsupervised adulthood. 

Already sounds like us! 

Someday, I will put up a thread about all the people I played with including Managers and GM's/VP's.....No names, just Org's where they came and descriptions of them. If they read it they would know who I was talking about..  

Just now, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

Oh crap..... Here is the intro for it.... In 1980, a group of college baseball players navigate their way through the freedoms and responsibilities of unsupervised adulthood. 

Already sounds like us! 

Someday, I will put up a thread about all the people I played with including Managers and GM's/VP's.....No names, just Org's where they came and descriptions of them. If they read it they would know who I was talking about..  

Youll get a big kick out of it...

Norris for AJ Cole from the Nationals.  

Field the team hot after relievers and work from there, or a team that might flip the reliever on a delayed 3-way trade.  The Rockies, Nationals, Royals (believe it or not after Davis) are a few teams off the top of the mind.  Norris is the higher chip because he can close, Hernandez the lower.  Eppler seems to pounce upon the change of venue opportunity of shooting for the good makeup underscore, seemingly falling off mid-late 20's prospectus player, such as with Meyer of last year.  Maybe that could be Cole?              

22 hours ago, SlappyUtilityMIF said:

I thought you said we didnt have any high priced talent on this ball club?

Well you can forget about dorn, because hes just high priced.