• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Who does Cowart have to blow to get a shot?

Glen

15 minutes ago, Chuckster70 said:

I'm guessing he'll be up very soon.

58 minutes ago, John Smith said:

Probably nothing, but Cowart pulled in the top of the eighth down by a run.

I knew it, he's heading for the plane.  ettin was right he's on the way by midnight.  :smiley_finger_06:

1 hour ago, ettin said:

You should probably go to bed ;)

I can sleep peacefully now.  :awesome-smiley-emoticon:

He's coming Tank, I think I saw him on the Salt Lake airport security camera.  Not only that, but he left when the Bees were down by only one run.  He would not have left if it weren't something really urgent.

4 minutes ago, tomsred said:

He's coming Tank, I think I saw him on the Salt Lake airport security camera.  Not only that, but he left when the Bees were down by only one run.  He would not have left if it weren't something really urgent.

does the 5 fwy run all the up to SLC? it's possible he's stuck there somewhere.

10 hours ago, Dochalo said:

Since that success has come at altitude, my biggest concern is that he's going to have problems with a major league breaking ball (or anything with movement for that matter) at regular altitude.  

Cowart  Home .313/.386/.458/.844 - 5 HR- Away .298/.371/.497/.868 - 7HR

His splits look pretty even to me.

10 hours ago, Dochalo said:

It's still hard to buy in on Cowart's success considering that he couldn't master AA but has had success at AAA.

As far as AA to AAA goes, in AA they tried to change his swing. At IE66ers the hitting coach with the help of videos got his swing back and shortly there after he was promoted to AAA, where he has done quite well for more than 2 years. How long does it take blot out the AA years with good ones?

45 minutes ago, Angel Oracle said:

Well?

We're waiting.

I bet they wait till tomorrow to announce one of the following:

1. Cowart will join the team in Cleveland and start at 2B. Franklin or Pennington will be released. 

2. It will be revealed that Cowart was placed on the 7-day DL due to a broken heart. 

On 7/23/2017 at 8:59 AM, Troll Daddy said:

If we're sellers ... then there is no reason to bring him up before the trade deadline. 

If there is ... I would like to hear it. 

IMO Pennington wil be traded at the deadline and possibly Yescobar but don't hold your breath on Yescobar. Although, he would be a good fit for Boston. 

It would be nice to see him get 200 consecutive at bats so that we could seriously evaluate him for next season.

10 minutes ago, AngelStew43 said:

Lou has a legit point.  Cowart hasn't done anything to speak of at the ML level.  I just think he'll be better than what we have been running out there.  Time for an extended audition.

Troy Glaus' OPS was .571 over his first 165 at bats, but they were consistent at bats after getting promoted in '98. 

Hell, even Mike Trout over his first 135 PA's had an OPS of just .672. 

Cowart never received every day playing time over his first 143 PA's in the big leagues, so you can't knock him too hard.