• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Chicago

Chicago girl, 8, dead after caught in incident between 'known offenders,' police say

An 8-year-old girl died in Chicago on Saturday after being shot during a drive-by gunfire incident, officials said.

Young Melissa Ortega and her mother were walking down a street in Chicago's Little Village neighborhood just before 3 p.m. when a vehicle pulled up and fired at a man as he was leaving a store.

The unidentified man, 26, and the girl were both hit and were in critical condition when they arrived at Mount Sinai Hospital, but the girl died hours later, the report said.

One of the comments:

My teenage daughters went on missions trips a couple of years ago. One went to the remote villages in the mountains of Panama, the other went to Havana and rural Cuba. Others in their group went to places such as Ivory Coast, Tokyo and Hokkaido, Japan, France, Bulgaria. The only group that came back and reported being scared were the group that went to Chicago.

That's quite a comment.

The only two solutions to this problem are, 1. sweep into the neighborhoods with the military and confiscate all weapons while detaining known gang members indefinitely in federal lockups, or 2. round up these gang members and force them to learn how to shoot straight, then let them kill each other and not 8-year old girls.

Of course, I'm being facetious.

I was talking to my brother about this (he's a big lib) and he said the only solution is to confiscate every single gun in the United States. That's an estimated 400 million weapons. He was serious. I tried to tell him this was ridiculous but he doubled down on his argument. Liberals have trouble thinking on the most basic levels sometimes.

from today's Chicago Tribune:

A 16-year-old on juvenile probation opened fire on the street in broad daylight after seeing a rival flash gang signs, hitting his target in the back — but also shooting 8-year-old Melissa Ortega in the head while she crossed the street with her mother, Cook County prosecutors said in court Thursday.

Emilio Corripio, a teen prosecutors said is a self-admitted member of the Latin Kings, then got back into a car driven by 27-year-old Xavier Guzman, and the two drove around to buy sandwiches and drinks without “a care in the world,” Assistant State’s Attorney James Murphy said.

42 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

from today's Chicago Tribune:

A 16-year-old on juvenile probation opened fire on the street in broad daylight after seeing a rival flash gang signs, hitting his target in the back — but also shooting 8-year-old Melissa Ortega in the head while she crossed the street with her mother, Cook County prosecutors said in court Thursday.

Emilio Corripio, a teen prosecutors said is a self-admitted member of the Latin Kings, then got back into a car driven by 27-year-old Xavier Guzman, and the two drove around to buy sandwiches and drinks without “a care in the world,” Assistant State’s Attorney James Murphy said.

Emilio. The Mighty Duck man, I swear to God, I was there.

Of course you were, you were the one who yelled the Breakfast Clubber's name.

I have to say. What the fuck is wrong with you when every shooting you need to announce it. Fuckers are being shot right now somewhere and I feel no reason to report it, you get no points and don't get paid for it.  Really, do you get that much glee from shitty stuff?   That's some sad ass shit you are living.   Go and spend the day doing something other than this daily, constant, the fuck is it wrong with you.  Or just tune into Tucker and start all over.   

What the fuck do y'all do when someone walks in the room and farts, building explodes?

10 hours ago, cals said:

Easy now cramp.  Tolerate it for another 6 months tops and this thread in particular will be forgotten.

I just like to flip them shit and watch them get all tough and call me a lib.  I already know their motives for having to ring the alarm all day, every day, every day.  SAD

11 hours ago, Crampknees said:

I have to say. What the fuck is wrong with you when every shooting you need to announce it. Fuckers are being shot right now somewhere and I feel no reason to report it, you get no points and don't get paid for it.  Really, do you get that much glee from shitty stuff?   That's some sad ass shit you are living.   Go and spend the day doing something other than this daily, constant, the fuck is it wrong with you.  Or just tune into Tucker and start all over.   

What the fuck do y'all do when someone walks in the room and farts, building explodes?

I can see you're really upset about this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3KYsPtuBgCQ

• 3 months later...
1 minute ago, tdawg87 said:

Probably true. And terrifying.

And I don't mean that as an anti-gun thing since I fully support 2A. 

The people that are causing the violence in Chicago are not the baseball watching type. That may be unique to Dodger fans