• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Chicago

On 6/5/2022 at 9:44 PM, katie said:

I went in April 3 years ago. It was so freaking cold. It was the first time I’d ever been somewhere where it was actively snowing. 

Did bootcamp at Great Lakes in February when a blizzard hit.  Trying to march with the wind blowing and ice on the ground was an adventure. I imagine anyone watching got a good laugh at our expense. 

1 hour ago, Rico said:

Did bootcamp at Great Lakes in February when a blizzard hit.  Trying to march with the wind blowing and ice on the ground was an adventure. I imagine anyone watching got a good laugh at our expense. 

I hear naval boot camp is tough 

3 hours ago, Rico said:

F all that noise. The wind coming off those lakes is no joke. Add moisture to the mix and it might be the worst weather this country has to offer. Hope you didn’t lose any fingers or toes. 

40 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

F all that noise. The wind coming off those lakes is no joke. Add moisture to the mix and it might be the worst weather this country has to offer. Hope you didn’t lose any fingers or toes. 

Yes but the 2 minute walk to the mess hall was their only exposure to the elements

50 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

I love Chicago and been many times but only in the summer.  It can get hot. 

Did anyone else here go to the Angels first ever series at Wrigley? The weather was insane right after the second game. A tornado touched down in the city and some of the window panes on the Franklin Tower got blown out and dumped onto the sidewalk. Some of my friends were at the top and they said the building was swaying about 3-4 feet.

My wife and I stayed under the CF bleachers hoping it would calm down but we wised up after 10 minutes and decided the bar across the street would be a better place to wait it out. Old Styles FTW. 

27 minutes ago, Lhalo said:

Did anyone else here go to the Angels first ever series at Wrigley? The weather was insane right after the second game. A tornado touched down in the city and some of the window panes on the Franklin Tower got blown out and dumped onto the sidewalk. Some of my friends were at the top and they said the building was swaying about 3-4 feet.

My wife and I stayed under the CF bleachers hoping it would calm down but we wised up after 10 minutes and decided the bar across the street would be a better place to wait it out. Old Styles FTW. 

The best thing about California is we don’t have to put up with all the shit weather that the rest of the country does 

8 hours ago, Lhalo said:

I was there.

We went to the Cubby Bear. 

1 minute ago, Lhalo said:

We were out in CF for that game so we went to one of the bars out there. Went to the Cubby Bear for pregame beers though. I need to make back there soon. Maybe a Cubs/Cards game or something. 

We sat behind Arte. That's when everyone loved him. The Cubs fans around us went on and on how lucky we were. 

Caterpillar to move headquarters to Texas from Illinois, another blow to the Chicago area

Caterpillar Inc. said Tuesday it will move its global headquarters from Illinois to an existing divisional office in Irving, Texas, in the Dallas-Forth Worth area, in another blow to the Chicago area, which last month lost the Boeing Co. headquarters.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/caterpillar-to-move-headquarters-to-texas-from-illinois-another-blow-to-the-chicago-area/ar-AAYspB4

On 6/5/2022 at 6:15 PM, Jason said:

Just so you are aware. You cannot legally purchase firearms in a state that you do not live in and then bring it back home. I can't just drive to Arizona, buy a gun and then drive it back to California. You could purchase a gun from another state but the sale has to go through an FFL in the state you reside in. It's likely legal residents in other states are buying guns and having them stolen and in turn those stolen guns turn up in Chicago. 

Link?

6 minutes ago, Taylor said:

Still doesn't change the fact that the majority of Chicago's guns are purchased in Indiana. I'm guessing the criminal element has go-betweens who purchase the guns "legally" and then re-sell them in Illinois.

Probably that too. That’s called a straw purchase and they are illegal in every state. Most are stolen though

https://www.thetrace.org/2018/10/stolen-guns-are-fueling-violence-in-chicago/

Edited by Jason