• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Angels Official Website: Trout selected to sixth straight All-Star Game

The center fielder, who is recovering from thumb surgery, took batting practice Friday at Angel Stadium and will need to do so for three to five more days before starting a minor league rehab assignment.

Trout could begin play Tuesday for triple-A Salt Lake or for Class-A Inland Empire.

The first half of the major league season ends July 9. If Trout starts playing early in the week, a return in Texas before ends is plausible. If he requires more time, he’d likely target the first day after the All-Star break, July 14 against Tampa Bay, for his return.

- Pedro Moura 

13 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

Angels fans don't vote. They barely to make it to games before the second inning and they have to leave before the eighth. 

Funny that you should say that ... I left in the eighth inning of Weavers no hitter into a oddly very quiet parking lot. I didn't know until I got into my car and turned the game on. 

In my defense my son was 5 years old at the time and driving me nuts.

you can imagine how I felt 

IMG_2379.JPG

It's an exhibition.  It doesn't matter.  It's for marketing.  It's for kids.

And the biggest point is it is an All STAR Game.  Star is the key word.  Derek Jeter was not often the best shortstop in the league but he was a huge STAR.

If there was one "All STAR Cast" movie made every year, I doubt anyone would be complaining that it wasn't a perfect representation of the greatest actors.

I literally could not care less personally who is on that team.  My kid wants to see Trout vs. Harper.

Keep it simple.  It's stars.  It's for the kids.

32 minutes ago, Dtwncbad said:

And the biggest point is it is an All STAR Game.  Star is the key word.  Derek Jeter was not often the best shortstop in the league but he was a huge STAR.

If there was one "All STAR Cast" movie made every year, I doubt anyone would be complaining that it wasn't a perfect representation of the greatest actors.

I literally could not care less personally who is on that team.  My kid wants to see Trout vs. Harper.

That's all well and good except the winner determines hfa in the World Series.

2 minutes ago, tdawg87 said:

That's all well and good except the winner determines hfa in the World Series.

I get that.  But since I am quite sure the Angels will not be in the World Series, that doesn't make me care who is in the game or who wins.

1 hour ago, Dtwncbad said:

Well after Mike Trout we probably have the equivalent of Roseanne Barr that we could send to the All Star Game.