• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Scioscia!

Not that it was Scioscia's fault, but I thought Scioscia's catchers were some of the most well coached in the game. Or is that just a misconception?

At what point does the coaching staff take blame for the constant miscues ON the diamond? Never? If we have one of the best managers in the game, why do we continually botch routine plays, make mistakes on the base paths, and continually looked baffled at the plate?

Are our players just THAT bad? Sure doesn't seem like they are when they go to other teams.

Some of the most well nitpicked catchers in the game.

Conger didn't used to be this bad defensively.

Being a catcher and playing for Mike Scioscia has to be torture as he nitpicks everything you do.  Napoli made comments to that effect after he left the Angels.  For all we know Scioscia might have been "working with" Conger and whatever he said or did wasn't helpful. 

Well, that's quite a stretch. Now Congers fielding is scioscias fault. Is ianetta the exception to your rule?

Scioscia is the best manager at getting umpires to discuss calls and consider changing them. Last year I had criticism on Scioscia this year I have virtually none. Pujols/Hamilton hitting low .200's and a crappy pitching staff is why we suck. Not Scioscia's fault for not arguing more. 

He's not, my friend. He is average.

Good to see all of the numbers backing you up.

I'll go way out on a limb and say that if average means you don't commit three errors in a game and give up four unearned runs as a result, then I'll take average any day. But you go ahead and tell us all that Ianetta doesn't do a good job as our catcher. I really don't care what you think because you've already indicated you are not very well informed.

Good to see all of the numbers backing you up.

I'll go way out on a limb and say that if average means you don't commit three errors in a game and give up four unearned runs as a result, then I'll take average any day. But you go ahead and tell us all that Ianetta doesn't do a good job as our catcher. I really don't care what you think because you've already indicated you are not very well informed.

I've seen so many numbers from your end of the argument. Keep believing what you want.

I have not seen Iannetta in the top 10 of any defensive metric stat so if that is not average I don't know what is. Sorry that I am on my phone and can't serve you stats on a platter.

Conger is bad, Iannetta is average. Scioscia has not developed a good defensive catcher for us.

Conger didn't used to be this bad defensively.

Being a catcher and playing for Mike Scioscia has to be torture as he nitpicks everything you do.  Napoli made comments to that effect after he left the Angels.  For all we know Scioscia might have been "working with" Conger and whatever he said or did wasn't helpful. 

what a complete and uttler load of bull*(&%.  You make assumption after assumption, all of which are totally unfounded. 

We get it...you hate the Manager, but your reasons are based on conjecture and thin air

what a complete and uttler load of bull*(&%.  You make assumption after assumption, all of which are totally unfounded. 

We get it...you hate the Manager, but your reasons are based on conjecture and thin air

I recommend learning how to read.  I didn't say that was fact, I said "for all we know..."

I recommend learning how to read.  I didn't say that was fact, I said "for all we know..."

My reading comprehensive is good.  "For all we know"...which in all of our cases regarding this is nothing.  Nice of you to try to put a disclaimer on something you're trying to sell as fact.

My reading comprehensive is good.  "For all we know"...which in all of our cases regarding this is nothing.  Nice of you to try to put a disclaimer on something you're trying to sell as fact.

"which in all of our cases regarding this is nothing." 

What does that mean?

My reading comprehensive is good. "For all we know"...which in all of our cases regarding this is nothing. Nice of you to try to put a disclaimer on something you're trying to sell as fact.

We've already determined on this site that fans have no facts. Just ask all of the nutswingers.

"which in all of our cases regarding this is nothing." 

What does that mean?

It means that we know nothing about Sosh working with Conger.  Based on your previous post, you mentioned it must be torture being managed by him, especially catchers which then lead you to assume he's somehow screwed up Conger.

All of which is total and complete conjecture with absolutely no basis in fact...in this case, our knowledge of the above is none.  We know nothing and postulating it is all Sosh's fault is just sour grapes because of your obvious disdain for Sosh.

It means that we know nothing about Sosh working with Conger.  Based on your previous post, you mentioned it must be torture being managed by him, especially catchers which then lead you to assume he's somehow screwed up Conger.

All of which is total and complete conjecture with absolutely no basis in fact...in this case, our knowledge of the above is none.  We know nothing and postulating it is all Sosh's fault is just sour grapes because of your obvious disdain for Sosh.

At least half the stuff posted to this website is complete conjecture.  I can't prove it and you can't disprove it, so we're equal. 

I've seen so many numbers from your end of the argument. Keep believing what you want.

I have not seen Iannetta in the top 10 of any defensive metric stat so if that is not average I don't know what is. Sorry that I am on my phone and can't serve you stats on a platter.

Conger is bad, Iannetta is average. Scioscia has not developed a good defensive catcher for us.

You need to reread this thread, apparently. I asked a simple question: is Ianetta the exception to your rule. Then you wanted to qualify statements about his goodness. I usually don't try to validate a claim I never made. YOU are the one who inferred Ianetta was no good.

My post was in response to mp and his accusation that Scioscia was the cause of Congers bad fielding. There is no way you can blame the manager for that. I asked if Ianetta was the exception, because if Scioscias management caused Congers fielding woes, it surely doesn't seem to have rubbed off on Ianetta.

Please explain where this logic went wrong?

You need to reread this thread, apparently. I asked a simple question: is Ianetta the exception to your rule. Then you wanted to qualify statements about his goodness. I usually don't try to validate a claim I never made. YOU are the one who inferred Ianetta was no good.

My post was in response to mp and his accusation that Scioscia was the cause of Congers bad fielding. There is no way you can blame the manager for that. I asked if Ianetta was the exception, because if Scioscias management caused Congers fielding woes, it surely doesn't seem to have rubbed off on Ianetta.

Please explain where this logic went wrong?

You said explicitly that Ianetta is a good catcher. He is not. He is average. Middle of the road, nothing special, etc. I never said Ianetta was no good. I said he was average and he is.