• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Shooting at GOP baseball practice; House Majority Whip Scalise shot

9 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

Oh yeah. Look at how the entertainment industry embraced her with the firings and such. They couldn't have been more supportive.

Based on public backlash, they had no choice but to cut ties with her

8 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

Oh yeah. Look at how the entertainment industry embraced her with the firings and such. They couldn't have been more supportive.

I'm sure, in that booming entertainment capital of Austin, Texas, you've got the finger on the pulse of what the industry thought of Griffin's stunt. I'm sure around the water cooler there were harrumphs all around.

1 minute ago, Blarg said:

I'm sure, in that booming entertainment capital of Austin, Texas, you've got the finger on the pulse of what the industry thought of Griffin's stunt. I'm sure around the water cooler beer keg there were harrumphs all around.

fixed

and the opportunity for the Republicans to take the high road lasted a couple of hours:

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/rhetoric-outrageous-gop-congressman-blames-145341715.html

Can the guy at least get out of the hospital before we start up with the super-partisan rhetoric?

Crap like this is why we have Trump.

9 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

and the opportunity for the Republicans to take the high road lasted a couple of hours:

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/rhetoric-outrageous-gop-congressman-blames-145341715.html

Can the guy at least get out of the hospital before we start up with the super-partisan rhetoric?

Crap like this is why we have Trump.

No kidding. Not even an ounce of pretend self-reflection in those comments. Political opportunism at its finest.

The man suspected of opening fire on Republican members of the congressional baseball team early Wednesday morning was distraught over the election of President Trump and traveled to Washington in recent weeks to protest, his brother said on Wednesday.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/14/us/politics/virginia-shooting-suspect-james-hodgkinson.html?_r=1

29 minutes ago, Thomas said:

Based on the shooter's demographics if he had shot a Democrat they'd be tripping over themselves to make sure he was described as a terrorist by everyone. I imagine now they're a bit more torn.

Is he not a terrorist ? Politically motivated violence ?  Seems like he's the dictionary definition of one.  

Both sides have their violent assholes in spades.  PLENTY of examples on both sides.  We had the asshole in Portland stabbing people in the neck a few weeks ago.  How many of you were blaming conservative rhetoric for that ? 

Edited by UndertheHalo

3 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Is he not a terrorist ? Politically motivated violence ?  Seems like he's the dictionary definition of one.  

Both sides have their violent assholes in spades.  PLENTY of examples on both sides.  We had the asshole in Portland stabbing people in the neck a few weeks ago.  How many of you were blaming conservative rhetoric for that ? 

Several people on aw were doing that.  Jesus, can't we stop this tit for tat bullshit?

Just now, UndertheHalo said:

Most likely. It'd be easier to call him that if a manifesto or similar comes out to tie a specific message to his actions. I was being (shockingly) cynical about the left's sincerity about trying to unassociate the term from being exclusively about Muslims, i.e. white guys do it more, when it happens from "their side".

5 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

Several people on aw were doing that.  Jesus, can't we stop this tit for tat bullshit?

Come on man.  Barely a blip on this forum.  Anyway I know you and all the others on here are strongly against it.  I'm just pointing out an obvious fact.  We didn't have 5 page rage fest about it. 

1 minute ago, UndertheHalo said:

Come on man.  Barely a blip on this forum.  Anyway I know you and all the others on here are strongly against it.  I'm just pointing out an obvious fact.  We didn't have 5 page rage fest about it. 

I would agree. It's been refreshingly civil here.

I could argue that there wasn't a blip from the left as much because a gun wasn't involved but that simply defeats my entire point.  Everyone is looking for political angles in every fricking bit of news.  It is like we can't look at our society as a whole anymore.  It is tragic to me.

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

I'm sure, in that booming entertainment capital of Austin, Texas, you've got the finger on the pulse of what the industry thought of Griffin's stunt. I'm sure around the water cooler there were harrumphs all around.

I'm the world's foremost authority on the entertainment industry. I'm glad that you came to this realization.

4 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

I could argue that there wasn't a blip from the left as much because a gun wasn't involved but that simply defeats my entire point.  Everyone is looking for political angles in every fricking bit of news.  It is like we can't look at our society as a whole anymore.  It is tragic to me.

Uhhh... This is about as political as it gets, hunting down Republican members of Congress and shooting them. And this is our society fueled by partisanship.