• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Shooting at GOP baseball practice; House Majority Whip Scalise shot

The 24-hour coverage by multiple competing cable stations might have something to do with it. You have to fill the time with whatever you can come up with. Debate, controversy, narrative, but not silence. Never silence. I'm old enough to remember TV stations shutting down for the night at 1 am. A test pattern after that until 6 am. Now we have absolute overload, 24/7. Noise, and constant controversy, on a hundred channels. 

Edited by fan_since79

10 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

The 24-hour coverage by multiple competing cable stations might have something to do with it. You have to fill the time with whatever you can come up with. Debate, controversy, narrative, but not silence. Never silence. I'm old enough to remember TV stations shutting down for the night at 1 am. A test pattern after that until 6 am. Now we have absolute overload, 24/7. Noise, and constant controversy, on a hundred channels. 

And wonderful infomercials about incredible vacuum cleaners and magical cooking utensils.

31 minutes ago, Tank said:

And wonderful infomercials about incredible vacuum cleaners and magical cooking utensils.

What they don't tell you on TV about Cathy Mitchell's Red Copper Pan:

“Reactive with alkaline or acidic foods, which can take on a metallic taste after being cooked in a copper pot. Light colored foods, like eggs, can also develop grey streaks when they pick up the copper compounds, which also means you'll ingest small amounts of copper. Not a big deal if it's an occasional thing, but not so great for everyday use. Copper also requires regular polishing and maintenance, and it's expensive.”

Edited by fan_since79

The Nebraska Democratic Party on Thursday removed one of its officials after a recording surfaced of him saying he was glad House Majority Whip Steve Scalise (R., La.) got shot and wished he died.

Phil Montag, who served as volunteer co-chairman of the party's technology committee, was fired after his comments were released, local Fox affiliate KPTM reported.

Montag made the remarks during a private meeting with the party's Black Caucus chairwoman, Chelsey Gentry-Tipton, and a friend of hers, Destin Madison.

"His whole job is to get people, convince Republicans to [expletive] kick people off [expletive] health care. I'm glad he got shot," Montag said of Scalise in the audio recording. "I'm not going to [expletive] say that in public."

Montag later added, "I wish he was [expletive] dead."

Phil-Montag-03-216x300.jpg?resize=216,30