• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

US to pull out of Paris Accords

12 hours ago, GrittyVeterans said:

I keep wanting to agree with the libs and say Trump is totally out of control, but I can't bring myself to

And it's because of their illogical overreactions to stuff like dropping out of whatever the hell this pact is

If I didn't have to read all the whining from my liberal friends on Facebook every day I'd be a much bigger Trump hater.

But the turtles!!

10/10, would read again.

From 1990 to 2014.  Trends in CO2 emmissions.

The good.

• US down 3.1 tonnes down.  16 percent down.
  • EU28 2.5/27
  • Russia 3.7/23

Then you have the bad. 

• China 5.5 tonnes up.  262 percent up.
  • South Korea 6.1/98
  • Mexico 0.3/10
  • Japan 0.5/5

http://edgar.jrc.ec.europa.eu/news_docs/jrc-2015-trends-in-global-co2-emissions-2015-report-98184.pdf

Conclusion.  Paris Accord is all about white guilt.  :P

2 hours ago, gotbeer said:

From 1990 to 2014.  Trends in CO2 emmissions.

The good.

• US down 3.1 tonnes down.  16 percent down.
  • EU28 2.5/27
  • Russia 3.7/23

Then you have the bad. 

• China 5.5 tonnes up.  262 percent up.
  • South Korea 6.1/98
  • Mexico 0.3/10
  • Japan 0.5/5

http://edgar.jrc.ec.europa.eu/news_docs/jrc-2015-trends-in-global-co2-emissions-2015-report-98184.pdf

Conclusion.  Paris Accord is all about white guilt.  :P

And once again, there go the damn Asians, ruining the planet. 

10 minutes ago, nate said:

Here you go by the way, MIT already called out the President and the administration for misrepresenting their data to say it would only have a 0.2 degree impact.

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/608015/trump-misused-mit-research-in-reasons-for-ditching-climate-deal/

So he used the lowest possible option.  The idea that every country in the accord, especially China, Russia, India are going to follow those accords is fairly naive, don't you think?  

If everything went perfectly, it may have an impact, but we all know how often that happens.  

Let me ask you this, do you think it was fair?  Do you think China and India being able to increase their carbon emissions while the West pays for them to do so is right?  It is a crappy deal.  

13 minutes ago, nate said:

Here you go by the way, MIT already called out the President and the administration for misrepresenting their data to say it would only have a 0.2 degree impact.

https://www.technologyreview.com/s/608015/trump-misused-mit-research-in-reasons-for-ditching-climate-deal/

Nate.  That doesn't mean anything.  It's the liberal education establishment. 

17 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

So he used the lowest possible option.  The idea that every country in the accord, especially China, Russia, India are going to follow those accords is fairly naive, don't you think?  

If everything went perfectly, it may have an impact, but we all know how often that happens.  

Let me ask you this, do you think it was fair?  Do you think China and India being able to increase their carbon emissions while the West pays for them to do so is right?  It is a crappy deal.  

Do you really think all things can be equal ? The west had its 100+ year head start and did most of the damage.  It makes sense that the wealthiest and most capable countries carry the greater burden.  You act like China isn't doing anything.  In some areas they're adopting clean energy more quickly then we are.  No deal isn't better then an imperfect one. All we've done is cede our spot at the table. 

And don't play the victim.  You know damn well that conservative side of the spectrum has an incredible anti intellectual disease over the butt hurt perception of liberal bias.  Plenty of them cast aside stuff like the MIT article for exactly that reason. 

Edited by UndertheHalo

9 minutes ago, UndertheHalo said:

Do you really think all things can be equal ? The west had its 100+ year head start and did most of the damage.  It makes sense that the wealthiest and most capable countries carry the greater burden.  You act like China isn't doing anything.  In some areas they're adopting clean energy more quickly then we are.  No deal isn't better then an imperfect one. All we've done is cede our spot at the table. 

And don't play the victim.  You know damn well that conservative side of the spectrum has an incredible anti intellectual disease over the butt hurt perception of liberal bias.  Plenty of them cast aside stuff like the MIT article for exactly that reason. 

I think it could be a lot more equal than it is now.  Absolutely.  China and India are already competing with Europe and the U.S.  To give them this kind of advantage is foolish.  

By the way, I could never top you guys in playing the victim.

9 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

I think it could be a lot more equal than it is now.  Absolutely.  China and India are already competing with Europe and the U.S.  To give them this kind of advantage is foolish.  

Yea, too bad we couldn't negotiate that now that we're out eh.

and absolutely.  Liberals have their whiney bitch  garbage I'm happy to acknowledge that.  I'm just saying, don't deny the conservative ones.  Conservatives are fucking babies about the "liberal" educational world and they often dismiss commentary from that area out of hand  because of their perceptions.  Especially when it comes to climate change.  

Edited by UndertheHalo

4 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

I'm not sure what you mean by "give them advantage". Each country voluntarily sets their own targets, and can adjust their targets. Each country sets their own financial contributions. 3 billion, as compared to US GDP is a pittance especially when you consider the more you can push developing nations to build a clean energy industrial base, the less drastic changes you have to potentially make at home. China has cancelled scores of coal fired plants and over the last few years has made significant investments in green technology. They certainly aren't green by any stretch of the imagination but they certainly have made significant changes. If the US felt they were at a disadvantage, than sit down at the table and discuss it...rather than walk away and let China, India, and the EU set the direction.

1 hour ago, mtangelsfan said:

I really don't give a fuck about China and India.  I think the US as a nation should do everything they could to be a leader.  Instead we are just being narcissistic shitheads.

1 hour ago, nate said:

I really don't give a fuck about China and India.  I think the US as a nation should do everything they could to be a leader.  Instead we are just being narcissistic shitheads.

If the US wants to do it's own pollution reduction programs, that's fine. We shouldn't have other countries setting the terms or conditions. @gotbeer posted some numbers that showed we've decreased those emissions by %16 percent since the 90s. We are doing pretty well as it is.  We do not need to be the world's savior for everything 

25 minutes ago, Jason said:

If the US wants to do it's own pollution reduction programs, that's fine. We shouldn't have other countries setting the terms or conditions. @gotbeer posted some numbers that showed we've decreased those emissions by %16 percent since the 90s. We are doing pretty well as it is.  We do not need to be the world's savior for everything 

IT'S VOLUNTARY...EACH COUNTRY SETS THEIR OWN CONDITIONS AND GOALS.