• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

With Mike Trout out for up to two months, is it finally time for the Angels to sell?

12 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Yet another insipid connection..    Where the fuck has he said everything is well with the Angels?   The man offered no insights on what he thinks the situation is with the Angels.  He spoke to not knowing what Trout values

As usual someone says something and you try to spin the comments as meaning something completely removed from what they have said..  But hey -- I guess you know what Strad REALLY thinks because  well of course you do.   

I know, I know..  I need to keep from making it personal.   Pointing out your BS = making it personal.

I've met Stradling at a few Angelswin functions and he's a great guy. I have no issues with him at all. We have differences in opinions but we leave it at that. Life is good.

12 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

I've met Stradling at a few Angelswin functions and he's a great guy. I have no issues with him at all. We have differences in opinions but we leave it at that. Life is good.

Great...    And?   Is Strad supposed to chime in now that he think's you're a great guy too?

Doesnt change that Strad never said anything about everything is well with the Angels.    Nice attempt at deflecting away from your actual douchebaggery though. 

Can you tell the difference between my pointing out your BS and my actually making it personal yet?   This post should help with that.

52 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

Well IP you can continue to make it personal but I don't really care about your opinions on any matter. You're not always right so don't assume that everyone else is wrong because you have a different opinion. 

I will say it one more time. Mike Trout will choose what's best for best for him professionally and his family. I don't believe that the Angels will choose to provide that because it's going to be too expensive. I do think they'll try to salvage whatever they can via a trade if Trout is open to it. He has an agent, lawyers and family that will help him make that decision when the situation presents itself.

That's all. 

Dude needs to knock it off.

7 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Great...    And?   Is Strad supposed to chime in now that he think's you're a great guy too?

Doesnt change that Strad never said anything about everything is well with the Angels.    Nice attempt at deflecting away from your actual douchebaggery though. 

Can you tell the difference between my pointing out your BS and my actually making it personal yet?   This post should help with that.

Yes it's personal, I'm sure of it but I choose to leave it at that. I don't really care about what you have to say moving forward. I'm not into name calling other posters because they don't agree with my opinion. Continuing this conversation is counterproductive. Just hit ignore. 

5 minutes ago, CALZONE said:

Yes it's personal, I'm sure of it but I choose to leave it at that. I don't really care about what you have to say moving forward. I'm not into name calling other posters because they don't agree with my opinion. Continuing this conversation is counterproductive. Just hit ignore. 

I'm not calling you for a difference of opinion..    I offered no opinion on what you said.  I simply pointed out YOU don't know what Mike Trout thinks.  You deemed that as being personal.  Since, then I've gone out of my way to MAKE it personal in hopes that you learn the difference.  

As far as ignoring goes - being you're the guy that needed to go on record as saying they didn't care what I think about anything ..... Why are you crying?  Just take your own advice.  Hit ignore, Clod.  

@Inside Pitch is one of the most respected posters we have here on this site.  He offers real insight and not tired repetitive opinions.  There are few people who post on here where I feel the need to read word for word, two of those are IP and Doc.  I learn a ton reading their stuff when they are talking baseball. 

2 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Speaking of apocalyptic, if Scioscia gets extended I'll be running for the hills.

Barring some miraculous return to glory next season my guess is the team simply thanks him for his service and brings in someone younger saying it's time to find a new face to lead the team.  

Im a fan of Tim Bogar -- was hoping he was being groomed for the spot but then he went to Texas to be the bench coach and now Seattle.

32 minutes ago, Stradling said:

@Inside Pitch is one of the most respected posters we have here on this site.  He offers real insight and not tired repetitive opinions.  There are few people who post on here where I feel the need to read word for word, two of those are IP and Doc.  I learn a ton reading their stuff when they are talking baseball. 

Thanks I appreciate the kind words but really it's not really necessary.  

I know I can be abrasive, I know I likely rub some people the wrong way -- that's on me and I'll apologize for it when I do.  If I make something personal and get called on it -- that's fine, poor behavior should be called out and I'm not going to be a bitch and cry about it when it happens.  There have been times I've gone on record as saying my poor writing skills caused my statements to be taken in a way they weren't intended...  That too is on ME.  But I seriously have a problem with someone painting something benign as personal.  

I actually like this team and hope for it to do well even when it's clear they have had their head up their ass for an extended perior of time..   So, I'm here to talk baseball -- I try to do that, but I'm not above rolling around in the mud when the occasion calls for it.

(something catchy as a closing)

24 minutes ago, Inside Pitch said:

Thanks I appreciate the kind words but really it's not really necessary.  

I know I can be abrasive, I know I likely rub some people the wrong way -- that's on me and I'll apologize for it when I do.  If I make something personal and get called on it -- that's fine, poor behavior should be called out and I'm not going to be a bitch and cry about it when it happens.  There have been times I've gone on record as saying my poor writing skills caused my statements to be taken in a way they weren't intended...  That too is on ME.  But I seriously have a problem with someone painting something benign as personal.  

I actually like this team and hope for it to do well even when it's clear they have had their head up their ass for an extended perior of time..   So, I'm here to talk baseball -- I try to do that, but I'm not above rolling around in the mud when the occasion calls for it.

(something catchy as a closing)

Thank you IP, I can respect that. I know my opinions suck sometimes but maybe it's because I truly do care about the direction of the team. The product on the field and the results have been disheartening. I also agree with Stradling about your knowledgeable posts. Just thought you'd like to know. 

Cheers!

54 minutes ago, Stradling said:

I bet you say that to all the pretty girls.  

1 hour ago, Inside Pitch said:

I'm not calling you for a difference of opinion..    I offered no opinion on what you said.  I simply pointed out YOU don't know what Mike Trout thinks.  You deemed that as being personal.  Since, then I've gone out of my way to MAKE it personal in hopes that you learn the difference.  

As far as ignoring goes - being you're the guy that needed to go on record as saying they didn't care what I think about anything ..... Why are you crying?  Just take your own advice.  Hit ignore, Clod.  

That's not the reason.

1 hour ago, Stradling said:

He offers insight AND repetitive opinions, we all do. That is separate from juvenile personal remarks. One is cool, the other isn't. I'm hope you can delineate between the two. 

good thread hijack gents.

as to the op's question, i didn't read the article but did read the posts. i'm sure everything is on the table, but with trout he is a generational player. now, generally speaking with baseball, it's a team sport. so ideally you want a good team and not just a good player...which we have. the problem with trading trout is the angels will never get fair value. it reminds me of when the lakers traded shaq because he requested it. i think ultimately they knew they were going to get hosed because he was arguably the most dominant player in the game. however, the angels aren't put in that position to where you take the best offer.

for trout you pretty much need half a team (essentially) that produces at some decent clip. i'm a math/numbers guy but not big into saber metrics or baseball analytics., so i couldn't tell you what that means. from understanding value and roi, one needs a good haul and one that produces to trade him.

by the way, good to see your name again bobby. haven't seen you since the super bowl party at justin's when corey won betting but was too drunk to collect so i stuffed the money in his pocket. hope all is well dude.