• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Meanwhile, in Montana

8 minutes ago, mtangelsfan said:

This is the problem with our two party system.  No con is going to vote for Quist.  No matter what.  If they are being honest, no lib is going to vote for Gianforte, no matter what

If the past 12 months haven't proven this beyond an iota of doubt I don't think anything will. Trump has been absurd, quite possibly to the point where he is literally trolling the office.But to the left's utter disbelief and consternation, nothing really has changed too much.

16 hours ago, Rico said:

Are you really trying to justify an assault of a reporter for asking questions?   I mean, would you still vote for that guy?

There is a difference between a reporter asking questions and someone forcing themselves into another person's personal space and refusing to back off after multiple requests. 

With freedom of the press there must be some responsibility in actions as well. He was being a belligerant a-hole completely overstepping any reasonable actions attributed to his profession. 

Sorry, Rico, but this guy was not acting in any way like that of a responsible journalist, ignoring the venue, was not invited, interrupted a conversation, was requested to wait, speak with someone else to make arrangements, all reasonable request which he ignores and forces a reaction. In this case, intent to disrupt not gain access or information. He provoked a confrontation.

Yes, I would vote for Gianforte because he is the most qualified candidate for the office, Quist has absolutely no business being on a ballot.

9 hours ago, fan_since79 said:

The incident and the hysterics in the press don't seem to have hurt Gianforte too much.

He's up 50 to 44% with 69% of precincts reporting.

Most of the votes were already in the mail, it was never going to change anything.

Also, Blarg doesn't understand what assault is I guess.

2 minutes ago, nate said:

Most of the votes were already in the mail, it was never going to change anything.

Also, Blarg doesn't understand what assault is I guess.

It was an assault. The reporter probably deserved it but Gianforte screwed up by letting the dude get under his skin. He should have just ignored him. I wonder if there is a past between these two that we aren't aware of?

7 hours ago, calscuf said:

If it was sprinkling while this violent assault happened, maybe FS would care more?

There are varying witness descriptions of the 'assault', no video that I know of, but there is a recording of the reporter saying he was "body slammed". The Fox reporter has admitted she embellished important details of her description of the incident.

Gianforte was charged with misdemeanor assault, and the sheriff said it did not rise to the level of a felony.

So, "violent assault"? Maybe not.

Edited by fan_since79

1 hour ago, Blarg said:

He was being a belligerant a-hole completely overstepping any reasonable actions attributed to his profession. 

And knocking him to the ground and punching him is still not a justified response.

43 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

Gianforte was charged with misdemeanor assault, and the sheriff said it did not rise to the level of a felony.

Only because the standard for aggravated assault is higher in Montana than in other places in the country.

With both sides ratcheting up the rhetoric and vitriol this is barely a speed bump. We have a sizable double-digit portion of the right more than ready to take arms against the left. Even the left seems disturbingly in a violent state of mind if not to the same blood thirst of their counterparts. To expect an incident like this to receive more than a collective shrug seems laughable.

These are the same folks that voted for a guy who claimed he could shoot someone in broad daylight and still not lose votes correct ? 

This is the opposite of a surprise.  A democrat was never ever going to win in Montana.  It probably scored him points with some of the voters up there. 

Edited by UndertheHalo