• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Comey shit canned

3 minutes ago, red321 said:

I don't think anyone on the left is "back" to loving Comey. You can think Comey was terrible at his job, and on many occasions he has shown he was not up to the task, and still be incredibly alarmed at why and how he was fired.

It has to be love. What other emotion would cause such devotion over a strangers sudden unemployment?

2 minutes ago, red321 said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/10/us/politics/comey-russia-investigation-fbi.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=span-ab-top-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

WASHINGTON — Days before he was fired, James B. Comey, the former F.B.I. director, asked the Justice Department for a significant increase in money and personnel for the bureau’s investigation into Russia’s interference in the presidential election, according to three officials with knowledge of his request.

Mr. Comey asked for the resources during a meeting last week with Rod J. Rosenstein, the deputy attorney general who wrote the Justice Department’s memo that was used to justify the firing of the F.B.I. director this week.

Geeze your man-crush on Comey is totally showing!

59 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

It's really easy to understand, honestly. We're in a hyper partisan environment.

How do you feel about the firing? Do you think it appears completely on the up and up with all things considered?

I think the firing is a threat to Hillary for stirring up the rebellion talk last week. He had promised to put her in jail during the campaign then did a 180 after the election, assuming she would slink away and run for a senator post in a year or two. But she had to be back in the limelight so he dumped Comey and will put in a director that will be amiable to opening up the email case once again and this time there is no attorney general to shield her. It's like a gag order move.

Yeah, politics.

5 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I think the firing is a threat to Hillary for stirring up the rebellion talk last week. He had promised to put her in jail during the campaign then did a 180 after the election, assuming she would slink away and run for a senator post in a year or two. But she had to be back in the limelight so he dumped Comey and will put in a director that will be amiable to opening up the email case once again and this time there is no attorney general to shield her. It's like a gag order move.

Yeah, politics.

That's a pretty solid indictment of Trump you've written there, honestly.

5 minutes ago, red321 said:

holy shit...did you just but clinton the comey firing? that's impressive, even for you.

You know the first time I read his post I thought that.
The second time I thought..well maybe but that is ballsy even for Trump.
But the third time I thought...you know there would be nothing more Trump-like, petty and distracting, than initiating a witch hunt about the emails during this whole ordeal.

It's weird to type this, but I think Blarg might be right.

yeah...I think the fact that Comey was asking for money to continue the investigation last week is a big giant flashing pointing arrow saying...look at me.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2017/05/10/comey-sought-more-money-for-russia-probe-days-before-he-was-fired-officials-say/?hpid=hp_hp-top-table-main_comeymoney-12p%3Ahomepage%2Fstory

4 minutes ago, Thomas said:

You know the first time I read his post I thought that.
The second time I thought..well maybe but that is ballsy even for Trump.
But the third time I thought...you know there would be nothing more Trump-like, petty and distracting, than initiating a witch hunt about the emails during this whole ordeal.

It's weird to type this, but I think Blarg might be right.

I agree. However, I think it's possible that Blarg likes this move. Hopefully I'm wrong on that count.

15 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

That's a pretty solid indictment of Trump you've written there, honestly.

Not trying to spin anything here but the timing seems to align. This firing could have multiple reasons but if you believe Trump can be a vindictive asshole then this is the type of move he would make.

14 hours ago, RallyMo said:

Equally true. Well stated, Captain Balance.

18 minutes ago, Blarg said:

Not trying to spin anything here but the timing seems to align. This firing could have multiple reasons but if you believe Trump can be a vindictive asshole then this is the type of move he would make.

Simply because it looked like, for a brief and fleeting moment, that he was going to step up and do the right thing... only to make it blatantly obvious that he was merely "going through the motions"  of a legitimate investigation into the Hillary Clinton fiasco. He made it abundantly clear that he was not willing to prosecute her on any of the laundry list of felony crimes that were committed, despite fierce opposition from even his fellow FBI colleagues .

Is there any wonder why this man was fired? He damaged the image of the FBI and in doing so the people's faith in the not just the FBI, but in his ability, or willingness, to lead it effectively and objectively.

His handling of the Clinton investigation is a textbook example of what the American people do NOT want to see.

Claiming his termination is to "cover up" some sort of Russian conspiracy involving the Donald Trump election is laughable.... to say the least.

He's doubling down by meeting today with the Russian foreign minister.

Democrats and others are absolutely losing it. Chris Matthews is comparing Trump to a "strongman" like the late Mobutu of Zaire.

They're hyperventilating over at MSNBC. The word "treason" is being tossed about.

2 minutes ago, Blarg said:

I think that fortress has some walls it needs shoring up.

The quote was from the wrong post, but the my statement is simply fact.

Comey was ineffective as the director of the FBI.

If the same amount of evidence that was presented against Hillary Clinton was put forward against you or I, we would be UNDER the prison.

18 minutes ago, Fortress of Intellect said:

Simply because it looked like, for a brief and fleeting moment, that he was going to step up and do the right thing... only to make it blatantly obvious that he was merely "going through the motions"  of a legitimate investigation into the Hillary Clinton fiasco. He made it abundantly clear that he was not willing to prosecute her on any of the laundry list of felony crimes that were committed, despite fierce opposition from even his fellow FBI colleagues .

Is there any wonder why this man was fired? He damaged the image of the FBI and in doing so the people's faith in the not just the FBI, but in his ability, or willingness, to lead it effectively and objectively.

His handling of the Clinton investigation is a textbook example of what the American people do NOT want to see.

Claiming his termination is to "cover up" some sort of Russian conspiracy involving the Donald Trump election is laughable.... to say the least.

Americans have lost faith in the Presidency. Let's fire the cheeto.

23 minutes ago, Fortress of Intellect said:

Best new troll account in a long while. Props on the funny screen name!