• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Comey shit canned

The Republicans hold on power is such that there is nothing the left can do but hold their gender neutral genitalia in their hand. This won't become a footnote in history because they will not allow it. Nothing changes until the Democrats win in 2018. Any illusions that this begins a wave of regret and conscience on the right is a pipe dream.

1 hour ago, mtangelsfan said:

Seriously, I don't think this is entirely defensible.  Either he is really trying to thwart an investigation or he and his entire administration is so dense they couldn't see how bad this would look and quite honesty I don't know what is worse.

It is defensible to the right and in this hyper-partisan landscape that is more than enough. The right will defend him regardless and left loathe him. The flimsy justification given for the firing will more the sufficient to pacify his supporters. It is far more than what they typically get. The left was screaming for him to be fired at various points so while it's obvious what the motivation of his firing was really about, his supporters will find plenty to justify their continued support of him. tl;dr  Nothing changes

1 hour ago, RallyMo said:

It's not that they necessarily liked him, but they wanted to cuddle him for hurting Hillary. I assume they would have reacted pretty poorly if Obama had fired him after he started the Hillary business. 

Not so much since he chose not to charge her with anything. That stirred up some butt hurt

13 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

What I don't understand is how so many Democrats who hated Comey and wanted him fired for months now think he's a fine public servant who was unjustly terminated. It took only a few minutes to turn their opinions around 180 degrees.

It's really easy to understand, honestly. We're in a hyper partisan environment.

How do you feel about the firing? Do you think it appears completely on the up and up with all things considered?

14 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

What I don't understand is how so many Democrats who hated Comey and wanted him fired for months now think he's a fine public servant who was unjustly terminated. It took only a few minutes to turn their opinions around 180 degrees.

It's political ammo to use against Trump. I don't blame them at all

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Not so much since he chose not to charge her with anything. That stirred up some butt hurt

I think sea changes are part of the story here. That's exactly the kind of thing we're talking about. If you're saying here that cons weren't giddy over his actions initially, you're just arguing that for the sake of arguing on the internet.

1 minute ago, RallyMo said:

It's really easy to understand, honestly. We're in a hyper partisan environment.

How do you feel about the firing? Do you think it appears completely on the up and up with all things considered?

No, the 'optics' as they say, are quite bad.

A special (unbiased) prosecutor is probably needed to get to the bottom of all this.

Just now, RallyMo said:

I think sea changes are part of the story here. That's exactly the kind of thing we're talking about. If you're saying here that cons weren't giddy over his actions initially, you're just arguing that for the sake of arguing on the internet.

I think the cons were initially happy he was investigating Hillary and then pissed he didn't do anything after the investigation. The Dems were pissed at him for his investigation and now defend him because it's helps them politically against Trump. Yes, people are that loyal to their parties. 

25 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

I truly wish for Wikileaks to release some juicy Trump tax records just to watch the left trip over themselves to give them a handy.

11 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

A special (unbiased) prosecutor is probably needed to get to the bottom of all this.

More likely? This or Pujols' production during his entire contract eventually justifying his cost?

7 minutes ago, Make Angels Great Again said:

I think his account was deleted by either a mod or himself. Trying to tag @Cezero comes up with nothin' now and all his posts disappeared, lol.

Sorry, there is a problem

We could not locate the item you are trying to view.

Yep, they're all gone. He's been removed from the AW universe.

14 minutes ago, RallyMo said:

I know it's hard to remember. It's like a billion political lifetimes ago. But remember when the left first championed Comey because of his restraint against HRC. Then he swerved the left and they hated him. Now they're back to loving him. It's apt to make one seasick.

2 minutes ago, Thomas said:

I know it's hard to remember. It's like a billion political lifetimes ago. But remember when the left first championed Comey because of his restraint against HRC. Then he swerved the left and they hated him. Now they're back to loving him. It's apt to make one seasick.

Dramamine for all!

41 minutes ago, fan_since79 said:

29 minutes ago, Thomas said:

More likely? This or Pujols' production during his entire contract eventually justifying his cost?

Oh hey...that was even quicker than normal.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/10/us/politics/comey-trump-mcconnell-schumer.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur&_r=0

“Today we’ll no doubt hear calls for a new investigation,” Mr. McConnell said on the Senate floor, “which can only serve to impede the current work being done.”

17 minutes ago, Thomas said:

I don't think anyone on the left is "back" to loving Comey. You can think Comey was terrible at his job, and on many occasions he has shown he was not up to the task, and still be incredibly alarmed at why and how he was fired.

If Trump had taken office in January and fired Comey, that would be one thing. If Sessions hadn't applauded Comey for his actions in October, and then used that as justification for his firing months later...that would be another thing. Word is he wanted Comey fired last week and this was the most politically expedient...and in reality expert trolling...reason for firing him.

Comey, for all his faults, was the one "independent" person in the administration who was heading up an investigation into the president. That no longer exists.

Maybe he goes out and appoints a well liked independent career law enforcement office...or maybe he goes out and appoints Rudoloph or Sheriff Clarke...hell, isn't Araparaio out of work right now?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/10/us/politics/comey-russia-investigation-fbi.html?hp&action=click&pgtype=Homepage&clickSource=story-heading&module=span-ab-top-region&region=top-news&WT.nav=top-news

WASHINGTON — Days before he was fired, James B. Comey, the former F.B.I. director, asked the Justice Department for a significant increase in money and personnel for the bureau’s investigation into Russia’s interference in the presidential election, according to three officials with knowledge of his request.

Mr. Comey asked for the resources during a meeting last week with Rod J. Rosenstein, the deputy attorney general who wrote the Justice Department’s memo that was used to justify the firing of the F.B.I. director this week.