• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

California isn't waiting on Trump — Gov. Brown wants $5.2 billion a year in new taxes and fees to fix roads

23 minutes ago, colt4405 said:

Our roads suck because we get $0.49 for every dollar we pay in federal taxes. 

Still waiting on trump's massive tax cuts. Whould benefit California. We'd be much better off paying state taxes vs federal taxes. 

Oh ok.  So now us being overtaxed is the fault of the guy just elected.  

31 minutes ago, colt4405 said:

Our roads suck because we get $0.49 for every dollar we pay in federal taxes. 

Still waiting on trump's massive tax cuts. Whould benefit California. We'd be much better off paying state taxes vs federal taxes. 

Don't worry Colt.  From some of the rumors of what Trumps massive tax cuts are going to be.  And it will be massive decrease for most of the country.  It will be a massive tax increase for Californians.  And New Yorkers for that matter. 

7 hours ago, Tank said:

i'd prefer to know why our already excessively high gas tax money already being collected isn't being used as intended.

That's because they've mismanaged a lot of money in every other department so it's being used in those places

3 hours ago, Jason said:

That's because they've mismanaged a lot of money in every other department so it's being used in those places

Yep. And why is no one holding them accountable for this? And why isn't there some plan to fix this mismanagement other than simply raising our taxes again? 

8 minutes ago, Tank said:

Yep. And why is no one holding them accountable for this? And why isn't there some plan to fix this mismanagement other than simply raising our taxes again? 

LOL! Because the same fucks who are crying poor for the unfortunate are the same who are raiding for the general fund and all have a common letter behind their name so they get elected without worry. CaliLOLnia

7 hours ago, Tank said:

Voters will vote on name recognition only. It really is mind boggling. In order to fix it, the culture in Sacramento must change first. 

3 minutes ago, colt4405 said:

That's kind of what I'm hoping for. Policies that screw the red states and help keep money in the blue states. Lowering federal and corporate taxes would accomplish that.

Schwarzenneger, Bushes, and now Trump. This state used to be red. Republicans have focused on the uneducated white trash vote, tough to get behind.

and people wonder why folks voted for Trump.  Arrogance is a great way to keep losing.

6 minutes ago, colt4405 said:

Economically speaking it makes no sense to take from those who make less than a livable wage. Every dime is going to be spent anyways, no need to tax them.  

I'll put it in terms you understand. Think about the flat tax idea that gets neo cons so hard. Sales tax and registration fees are a disproportionality higher tax on the poor than the rich. Somebody making 20k/year who now will pay an extra ~$200/yr to drive in california. That's 1% of their salary. Now someone making 200k/yr in the tech industry pays $500/yr more to drive, that's .25% of their income.

Maybe we should just charge everyone a flat citizenship fee. If you can't afford it you get it deported.

Or we stop voting for people that think taxing is the answer.  Also in your scenario the person making $20k will probably buy a used car or at least should buy a used car and the registration is less.  The person making a nice upper middle class wage of $200k will probably buy a nicer car and will pay more to register that car.  

I am in favor of a flat tax, but only because I like the idea of EVERYONE paying into the system. I think it's wrong that some pay in and at the end of the year get damn near all of it back.  While others pay tens of thousands and it isn't enough.

40 minutes ago, Stradling said:

Or we stop voting for people that think taxing is the answer.  Also in your scenario the person making $20k will probably buy a used car or at least should buy a used car and the registration is less.  The person making a nice upper middle class wage of $200k will probably buy a nicer car and will pay more to register that car.  

I am in favor of a flat tax, but only because I like the idea of EVERYONE paying into the system. I think it's wrong that some pay in and at the end of the year get damn near all of it back.  While others pay tens of thousands and it isn't enough.

One of the vehicles that I own has 185,000 miles and a salvage title to it. It is also 15 years old and the registration is over $100.  California policies will screw over the poor as well.  The taxes in the state are out of control 

That is what is so funny/sad about California.  The only kind of taxes they can implement are regressive type taxes that, by their nature, hurt the middle and lower class.  The last 25 years they have driven out many middle class people and small businesses.  This won't hurt rich folks.  This will hurt folks who have long commutes to work and small transport companies.  

Well done California.

oh joy, all of these politicians got money for their little pet projects. i'm so happy for them! meanwhile my gas prices continue to go up and my car registration is going to go up yet again.

and still, no one is questioning them on why they aren't spending the tax money from gasoline already being collected on road improvements or why it isn't enough.

eff all of them for being such liars.

17 hours ago, Tank said:

and still, no one is questioning them on why they aren't spending the tax money from gasoline already being collected on road improvements or why it isn't enough.

You gotta read the fine print.  It's like in 2012 when they convinced the good voters of CA to raise taxes on the highest earners using the "think of the children" rallying cry saying so much of it would go towards schools, prevent teacher layoffs and so on.  However, the money raised went into a fund that required a much smaller percentage to actually go towards education.  

This is why anyone who supports raising taxes needs to have their head examined because the amount of mismanagement and waste at the state and federal levels is ridiculous.     

2 minutes ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

You gotta read the fine print.  It's like in 2012 when they convinced the good voters of CA to raise taxes on the highest earners using the "think of the children" rallying cry saying so much of it would go towards schools, prevent teacher layoffs and so on.  However, the money raised went into a fund that required a much smaller percentage to actually go towards education.  

This is why anyone who supports raising taxes needs to have their head examined because the amount of mismanagement and waste at the state and federal levels is ridiculous.     

It also doesn't help when something like 18% of the budget goes towards pensions, and that is still not enough to cover it.