• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

California isn't waiting on Trump — Gov. Brown wants $5.2 billion a year in new taxes and fees to fix roads

1 hour ago, Lawrence said:

I'm becoming more convinced each day to leave this state.

If it wasn't for family I think I would have moved out of state by now.  Once we have kids depending on the state of OC and CA in general that may be the push we need to move out of state.   

Tank - I can't imagine retiring here even if family is still here.  I think I'd be more likely to live somewhere that's a short plane ride where it's a fraction of the cost for a much better quality of life.   

Any time I think of firefighters I think of Costco runs, yk and the guy I've come to know in the last so many years who was a former captain.  He retired early due to injury and spends his time now getting drunk, partying and going on trips where he rides dirt bikes/seadoos/skis/etc..  Whatever injuries got him an early retirement haven't prevented him from acting like a college kid on permanent spring break.  I'm betting his compensation package is worth north of 100K a year once you factor in benefits.  Guy isn't even 55 yet and he's been retired for years, what a great deal for him.    

3 hours ago, Catwhoshatinthehat said:

Any time I think of firefighters I think of Costco runs, yk and the guy I've come to know in the last so many years who was a former captain.  He retired early due to injury and spends his time now getting drunk, partying and going on trips where he rides dirt bikes/seadoos/skis/etc..  Whatever injuries got him an early retirement haven't prevented him from acting like a college kid on permanent spring break.  I'm betting his compensation package is worth north of 100K a year once you factor in benefits.  Guy isn't even 55 yet and he's been retired for years, what a great deal for him.    

So you're saying I picked the wrong profession?

Absolutely.  Costco, @yk9001 and washing the rig. 

My son made a friend in pre-school. His grandma lives down the street from us and now they play little league together. We've gotten to know his parents. Dad is a firefighter in Venice Beach. Nice guy. Most of his calls these days are from new and medical weed smokers/eaters freaking out because they used too much. 

Anyway, we were chatting a week ago. I was sipping on a diet coke and he tells me "I have to run to Costco. We're headed to the desert this weekend." I choked on my drink as bad as I ever have before. 

7 hours ago, Jason said:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/thomasdelbeccaro/2017/02/22/ca-the-physical-collapse-of-a-social-state/#7b6c4a0b6bdb

I think California is showing the problems that can arise when one party has total control with no checks and balances. I'm not sure how bad it has to get before the sheeple of this state wake up. 

that's a really important point, jason.