• Welcome to AngelsWin.com

AngelsWin.com - THE Internet Home for Angels fans! Unraveling Angels Baseball ... One Thread at a Time.

Register today to comment and join the most interactive online Angels community on the net!

Once you're a member you'll see less advertisements. If you become a Premium member and you won't see any ads! 

IGNORED

Recipe of the Day: Chicken Biryani

Chicken Biryani

Biryani is a beautiful, simple South Asian rice pilaf that’s easy to make at home. It’s typically served at celebrations in India, and my Indian friends here in the United States talk about this dish with such nostalgia.

You can make it with all kinds of meats (like goat or seafood!) or just vegetables. The rice is often golden with turmeric and studded with raisins and nuts.

Biryani can also be a fantastic weeknight meal since it’s made all in one pot and is ready in under an hour. Today, I’m sharing my version of biryani with chicken.

Continue reading "Chicken Biryani" »

Y32-fU4vOQ4

View the full article

• 7 months later...

I've now made this four times and doubled the tumeric, cardamon and bay leaf. It is far better with fresh ginger than powdered, don't cheat this one ingredient. Also rinse the rice as suggested in the recipe, it cleans the dust off and helps it absorb more fluids when cooked.

Added blanched baby carrots (4 minutes in microwave bowl with water), it worked well. Tried zucchini before but it gets mushy. Love mushrooms but no one else in the house does. 

@Tank you could try fried tofu or eggplant with a tumeric and curry mix to substitute for chicken but I wouldn't incorporate it until it's time to serve otherwise all the broth will make it gelatinous. Vegetable broth instead of chicken and you're set. Warning, if you follow the directions you will have four meals for two. I'd cut it in half so you have a lunch or two from the leftovers, it reheats well.

2 hours ago, Blarg said:

I've now made this four times and doubled the tumeric, cardamon and bay leaf. It is far better with fresh ginger than powdered, don't cheat this one ingredient. Also rinse the rice as suggested in the recipe, it cleans the dust off and helps it absorb more fluids when cooked.

Added blanched baby carrots (4 minutes in microwave bowl with water), it worked well. Tried zucchini before but it gets mushy. Love mushrooms but no one else in the house does. 

@Tank you could try fried tofu or eggplant with a tumeric and curry mix to substitute for chicken but I wouldn't incorporate it until it's time to serve otherwise all the broth will make it gelatinous. Vegetable broth instead of chicken and you're set. Warning, if you follow the directions you will have four meals for two. I'd cut it in half so you have a lunch or two from the leftovers, it reheats well.

I've made this as well and agree on the ginger factor, though we use that quite a bit in our dishes. 

• 2 years later...

1 hour ago, sukhis said:

Hi,

I love this article, I think it's great content!

It actually correlates with what we do over here at Sukhis.com, so we were thinking it might benefit us both to link to each other’s articles. 

You can see our similar article here: https://sukhis.com/biryani-a-complete-guide-and-recipe/

A lot of time and care went into creating this article. Would you think about adding a link to our site? We would love to do the same with yours. 

All the best!

I don’t appreciate the bold font

not sure the need to be a c*nt regarding my comment since you said yourself that you greatly increased the spice content.

the spices you added made it a lot more authentic, which means it smells like dirty armpit?  fucking idiot, lol. 

• 2 years later...
1 hour ago, george432 said:

When you talk about fast food, there is no way you forget the chicken biryani. I love chicken biryani Ballarat. the quality of biryani is outstanding. the taste of biryani is very delicious. 

Now I have a sudden urge to travel to Australia and eat from the kebab place you linked to. Mission accomplished!

• 7 months later...